Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for a Truck Mechanic. This position is located in Irvine, CA.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform preventative maintenance checks on all tractors every 30,000 miles and trailers every three months as indicated on the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Repair any equipment problems answer drivers' telephone requests for assistance with equipment failure while out on the road.
- Maintain and repair all equipment to include engine, electrical, drive train, suspension, body and fender, etc.
- Must supply own tools with the proper tool box, including air tools.
- Follow company procedures. Ensure a safe work environment.
- Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity.
Skills & Job Requirements:
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years' experience in heavy duty tractor/trailer repair. May require valid DOT physical card and a drivers' license and may need certification in the use of refrigerants and recycling equipment. Ability to complete appropriate documents in an efficient and legible manner. Computer skills are helpful.
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance are required. Frequently working with body over at the waist, in kneeling or squatting position working or reaching with arms at or above shoulder height while performing all repairs. Frequently lifting and/or using a maximum force for replacement parts from 1 to 100 pounds. Must be able to stand, walk and work in close quarters, prone or awkward positions for lengthy periods; operate heavy garage repair equipment and work on ladders; perform required mechanical repairs on diesel trucks and trailers; drive tractor truck and 53-foot or doubles combination semi-trailer.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities as well as working with heavy machinery. Ability to work with a variety of test equipment, tools, lube equipment, on-board computers and other working equipment.
- Mechanics must have the ability to drive a repair vehicle off the premise to perform emergency repairs on the road.
- Must be able to work full time with the ability to work any shift and be on call 24 hours per day.
- Exposure to hazards exists with respect to equipment, work areas, tools, welding equipment, presses, and other power equipment. Ability to apply required use and safety knowledge. Frequent exposure to diesel and cleaning agents exhaust fumes, noise, vibration, and severe weather conditions. Hands and arms are exposed to lubricants, sharp edged tools, and hot and cold surfaces. Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals with respect to equipment and work aids necessary to perform job duties.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.Albertsons.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER