This position reports to the Gas Operations Manager/ Site Landfill Engineer and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of landfill gas collection and control systems (GCCS). The GCCS consists of a series of extraction points known as wells, interconnected via piping. The collected gas is transported using gas conveyance equipment (such as a fan or blower). Landfill gas (LFG) collected by this extraction system from the landfill's wellfield is combusted within a flare. Proper operation of the GCCS is required to comply with various State and Federal environmental regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The individual must have the ability to work independently without direct supervision. An individual must be able to perform the following essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and vary by location.
- Properly operate and maintain GCCS in a timely and cost-effective manner to ensure regulatory compliance and optimize performance.
GCCS operation and maintenance includes:
- Calibrate, operate and maintain sensitive electronic data collection devices necessary to optimize LFG collection from the wellfield.
- Collect and manage data entry from wellfield extraction and environmental monitoring locations.
- Implement the GCCS preventative maintenance plan.
- Operate and maintain liquid management system pneumatic or electric driven pumps (troubleshoot and determine liquid levels within liquid containment structures and or LFG collection wells).
- Perform wellfield valve/vacuum adjustments, data collection and maintenance; interpret data
- Use Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) or High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) piping materials and associated equipment to perform maintenance on piping materials.
- Develop basic understanding of environmental regulations related to GCCS operations and develop the ability to work within an environmentally regulated industry.
- Follow job related health and safety requirements and procedures
- Available for on-call response to GCCS related malfunction event(s).
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education and Experience
- 2 year technical degree or 2 year of equivalent site experience
- Experience: HDPE welding experience is a plus, 1-3 years of plant or mechanical background is a plus (example -- groundwater tech, waste water tech, industrial technician, HVAC tech)
- Basic mechanical ability is needed
- High level of technical skills and attention to detail to track data and follow up on required compliance
- Valid and unrestricted driver's license
- At least 18 years of age
- Required to work outdoors approximately 80% of each workday, work involves exposure to dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements.
- Required to walk over steep and rough terrain for considerable distances daily
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (safety glasses, hardhat, safety boots, safety vest, personal multi-gas monitor, etc.) in accordance with company Health and Safety standards
Posting ID: 562454431Posted: 2020-09-25