Location: 6252 Virginia Beach Blvd, Norfolk, Virginia 23502 Hendrick Automotive is Now Hiring for a Full Time Parts Driver in Norfolk, VA!Take Advantage of Hendrick's Cutting Edge Benefits Package!
Work with one of the largest and most successful privately held automotive groups in the nation. We value our team members each and every day!Hear from our Teammates on why you should join Team Hendrick:
- NO COST Health and Prescription Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement with Company Match
- Paid Company and Manufacturer Training
- Internal Career Advancement Opportunities
- Supplemental Benefits (Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance)
- Paid Time-Off up to 3 weeks Vacation
- Holiday and Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
- College Scholarship Program
- We treat you like family and give you every opportunity to be the best you can be!
CLICK HERE Summary:
The Parts Driver transports parts and equipment for the Company. Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:
- Delivers parts and equipment to customers, vendors, and other locations as requested
- Picks up parts and equipment from customers, vendors, and other locations as requested
- Loads and unloads parts and equipment to and from truck
- Ensures that customers receive the correct products
- Operates the vehicle used to deliver and pick up parts and equipment
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area
- Maintains CSI at or above company standards
- Participates in required training
- Records all hours worked accurately in company timekeeping system
- Follows Safeguards rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the Company's Core Values
- Complies with Company policies and procedures
- Observes all Federal, State, Local and Company safety rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with medical conditions to perform the essential functions. Desired Education:Work Experience:
Certificates and Licenses:Computer Skills:
- Up to 3 years previous driving, delivery, or warehouse experience desired.
Basic computer skills needed to utilize the company timekeeping system. Communication Skills:
Ability to understand and follow instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and company
personnel. Attendance Expectations:
The position requires regular and predictable attendance. Scheduled shifts may include evening hours, weekends, and some holidays. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and sit. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Work includes frequent movement around Company premises and the outdoor car lot and movement in and out of cars. Environment Demands:
Duties are performed partially on Company premises and partially in transit to various customer locations. May transport parts in the Company provided vehicle for several hours at a time. Work includes driving, moving parts and interaction with customers, vendors, and employees. Verbal and Writing Ability:
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Math Ability:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations. Core Values:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following Core Values: Servant Leadership
Servant Leaders consciously put the needs of others before their own, because to serve people is to value them. Teamwork through Trust & Respect
Diversity is strength, and when we trust and respect one another we can work as a team to achieve at a high level. Integrity
Being honest and transparent with people, in an effort to do the right thing within the letter and spirit of the law, drives every action we take and every decision we make. Commitment to Customer Enthusiasm
Every day we recommit ourselves to the customer experience, and we are empowered to exceed the expectations of our customers. Passion for Winning
Hendrick's tradition of winning is based on the idea of striving to be the best, not the biggest, and is therefore defined by how we treat our people. Accountability at All Levels
Taking ownership of our actions and our decisions allows us to grow as individuals, and support each other as a team. Commitment to Continuous Improvement
Every day we soften our hearts as well as our egos, in order to seek out and improve upon areas of opportunity within ourselves and our team.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties and responsibilities upon the request of a supervisor. This job description is subject to revision at the discretion of the company.
Hendrick Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information regarding the EEOC, please visit https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf.