U.S. Air Force
When Airmen or their families experience physical limitations, we do everything we can to help them regain their compromised functions. Working to help people with disabilities, injury or illness, Occupational Therapists work with patients to build or restore their abilities through the use of everyday tasks. Whether working with mental, physical, developmental or emotional conditions, these experts assist their patients in developing and maintaining daily living and work skills.
- Plan therapeutic activities directed toward the promotion of health or rehabilitation of physical or psychosocial dysfunction.
- Provide inpatient and outpatient examination, diagnosis and prognosis.
- Utilize advanced practice, order consultations and diagnostic tests to expedite care.
- Prescribe, fit and fabricate orthoses as needed.
- Consult with medical staff on occupational therapy matters.
The Air Force benefits package is unparalleled in the civilian world. Benefits include:
- 30 days of vacation with pay each year
- Outstanding healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Food and housing assistance
- Generous retirement program
- Continuing medical education opportunities
- Free or low-cost world travel opportunities
This is an active-duty position as an Air Force officer. To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of an accredited master's or doctoral program in occupational therapy
- Minimum requirement is an entry-level master's degree, however a doctorate is preferred.
- Minimum six months of experience in occupational therapy assignments, including planning, managing and administering occupational therapy treatments and activities
- State license and registration to practice occupational therapy
- Minimum 24 months of supervised clinical experience in an occupational therapy assignment
- Completion of eight-week Officer Training School
- Must be a U.S. citizen between the ages of 18 and 41
- Must be willing to relocate
About the Air Force
The mission of the U.S. Air Force is to fly, fight and win in air, space, and cyberspace. We live by three core values: integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do. The Air Force offers hundreds of careers from healthcare to engineering in order to serve the American people and provide precise and reliable global vigilance, reach and power for the nation.
Posting ID: 552846658Posted: 2020-08-11