Supervises all shift employees in assigned departments, ensures that production goals are met, and complies with all safety, quality, maintenance and housekeeping standards. Reports directly to the General Manager and has frequent communications with Corporate leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules and supervises all personnel and operations in assigned department(s). Approx. 30 – 40 employees.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment. Gives input for improvement.
- Manages labor and material costs.
- Reports any process and equipment problems to Maintenance Department and schedules down time to customer needs.
- Schedules labor to ensure production goals are met.
- Interviews, hires, arranges training, conducts timely performance evaluations, disciplines and terminates employees in coordination with the General Manager and Human Resources personnel.
- Ensures that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed.
- Identifies problem areas and coordinates resources to areas of need and develops solutions.
- Additional duties as required.
Education / Experience / Training:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 2+ years of direct leadership experience in manufacturing.
- Proactive, hands on management style.
- Excellent organizational, communication, time management and problem solving skills.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to motivate and work side by side with employees to perform to the highest standards of safety, quality and efficiency.
- Demonstrated leadership ability. Desire to work toward promotion to higher levels within the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, and comfortable learning new technology.
Greystone is a leading Tier I - II manufacturer for the automotive, medical, defense and aerospace industries with locations in Rhode Island, Virginia, China and Poland. Greystone provides precision machining and plating services to major automotive, aerospace and medical OEMs and Tier I suppliers. Greystone is a “safety critical” component contract manufacturer that strives for industry leading quality. Visit our web site at www.greyst.com to learn more about our company.
Posting ID: 576201822Posted: 2021-01-23