It is the Company's intention to provide enough information to all applicants and employees regarding the actual job duties (both physical and mental) of each position so individuals can decide if they are qualified to adequately perform such tasks. Due to the vast number of tasks that may be assigned to each position, the following list is the Company's attempt to summarize the kinds of duties it has identified as "essential" for those holding this position.
• Experience in retail sales preferred
• Reliable transportation & Valid Driver License
• Legally eligible to work in the United States
• Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English
• Supervise, train and perform all duties and use of equipment of the CSR, Lead CSR, and Store Assistant positions
• Ask customers if they are interested in purchasing additional items (suggestive "plus" selling)
• Friendly and helpful to customers, vendors, and co-workers
• Follow Company policies, as well as State and Federal laws
• Work alone, with others, and work with minimum direction
• Complete other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL ABILITY - THE EMPLOYEE MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO:
• Ability to work 6 days a week and a minimum of 56 hours per week.
• Exposed to cold or hot temperature extremes in the walk-in cooler, freezer and/or outdoors
• Bend at waist with some twisting, stand, stoop and/or walk for an entire shift
• Clean interior/exterior areas (trash disposal, bathrooms, spills, etc.)
• Grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands continuously throughout the day. (This requires eye-hand coordination, and may occasionally require climbing a ladder to store/retrieve materials or place/remove signs)
• Occasionally lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds from ground to waist (to replenish fountain syrups, ice, etc.)
• Routinely lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead (stocking/maintaining inventory levels on the shelves, in the cooler and freezer, etc.) Push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (utilizing a hand-truck, sweep and mop the floors, etc.)
• Recruit, hire, retain and train positive, enthusiastic employees, ensuring excellent customer service
• Develop, manage and assign tasks appropriately to ensure the store is clean, adequately stocked, organized and well-kept based on Company standards
• Establish periodic on-going communication meetings with all site employees and immediate supervisor regarding safety, employment issues, etc.
• Accurately complete daily paperwork, learn and implement the gasoline pricing strategy, changes gasoline prices correctly, receives and verifies vendor deliveries, create work schedules, etc.
• Efficiently ring up all sales on a cash register properly and accurately, handling money, checks and other types of payment received for products sold
OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT:
• Efficiently perform multi-function operations of all store equipment (fuel pumps, measure fuel tank levels, etc.)
• Maintain property and equipment to ensure customers have a safe shopping experience
• Follow Company Loss Prevention and Safety Procedures, such as wearing suitable clothing for safety purposes, etc.
• Budget and forecast Profit & Loss lines, as well as, understand and manage merchandise margins
• Safeguard and account for all money received and disbursed
• Perform all other financial analysis necessary to maximize sales and net profits
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level or work performed by those assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position.
Note: This job description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without advance notice to employees.
All employee hire forms are provided as a resource and can be used by TMC Franchisees or Licensees at their sole discretion