We Are Hiring
Physician Assisitant - Heart Lung CV Surgery - Full-Time, Day - St Elizabeth Hospital - Appleton,WIWhy Join Ascension?About Ascension NE Wisconsin - St. Elizabeth
About Fox Cities
- 350-beds with employed primary, specialty and subspecialty care clinicians
- New 90 bed hospital tower with much of the campus undergoing recent renovations
- Committed to delivering high-quality, cost effective care to all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable, regardless of their ability to pay
- Strong 24/7 Hospitalist, Emergency Care and ICU services
- Certified stroke and chest pain center - Level III trauma center
About Ascension Medical Group
- Wisconsin's Fox Cities are anchored by Neenah, Menasha, and Appleton - a unique mixture of urban style and small-town charm
- Ideally located in Northeastern Wisconsin, just 100 miles to Milwaukee, 30 miles to Green Bay, 200 miles to Chicago, and 100 miles to Madison
- Fox Cities Performing Arts Center offers Broadway shows and a plethora of entertainment varieties
- Convenient access to over 15,000 lakes and countless opportunities for leisure including sailing, skiing, golfing, fishing, biking, hiking, camping
- Patient draw area of 230,000
- Fast growing, safe, family-oriented community with a relatively low cost of living
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension WI, you will have the opportunity to provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician.Responsibilities:
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Physician Assistant credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Orthopedic Physician Assistant. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Graduate of accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program
• CV OR experience as a First Assistant required
• Proficient in vein Harvesting with EVH experience & Open harvest required
• ICU experience preferredEqual Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement