Account Manager, Glycols - Decatur, ILADM Oilseeds Processing
ADM Renewable Chemicals and Industrial Oils provides high quality oils and glycols to customers in North America. As part of an integrated network of crush facilities, refineries, bio-diesel plants, and glycol production, ADM transforms products from our crushing business into value-added ingredients. Our extensive network of processing facilities provides customers with product solutions to their functional requirements.
Main function: Reporting to the General Manager Renewable Chemicals and Industrial Oils, this group is accountable for implementing strategic and annual business plans for the marketing of glycols and related products into food and industrial markets. The position is responsible for achieving optimum financial results relating to return on invested capital and other corporate financial metrics for our assets. The position will be responsible for helping to market refined glycerin and propylene glycol products to existing and future industrial and food customers.
Key skills & competencies:
- Impact & influence price buying decisions
- Analytical thinking
- Achievement motivated - accountable
- Conceptual thinking
- Self-confident - drive for results
- Organizational awareness Description of work performed:
- Implements the business plan as it relates to specific customers including sales volume to market, market development activities, and logistics and storage objectives.
- Manages accounts and actively participates in marketing including customer identification, pricing, contract maintenance, and market growth.
- Maintains ongoing and regular communications with specific customers to enhance relationships, customer service, and market access.
- Identifies and analyzes potential end-user market opportunities in the industrial space to profitably penetrate these markets.
- Regularly participate in regional and global calls discussing market changes, information, and updates.
- Develops key communication links within ADM to ensure optimal use of Archer Daniels Midland facilities and market access, an understanding and awareness of market requirements, build relationships and facilitate the effectiveness of integrated North American crushing operations.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of market trends and competitor activities.
- Represents ADM at various external meetings.
- Has a commitment to divisional and group goals and objectives.
Knowledge & skills:
University degree in agriculture, business administration or commerce, or science and engineering supplemented with a minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in the marketing of commodities and related food products in North America or plant related experience. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered. A master's degree is considered to be an asset. Demonstrated capacity to excel within high risk fast paced work environment. Proven ability to assess risk and exercise sound judgment in making decisions. Demonstrated negotiation and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the domestic & international trade. Proven ability to manage effectively within a team based work environment. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with end-users and internal customers. Computer competent, with demonstrated ability in the use of spreadsheet, database and word processing software applications within a windows based operating environment. Regular overnight travel is required.
Relocation assistance may be available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities City
IL - Illinois Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status. About ADM:
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.