Yonkers Contracting Company is seeking a Project Cost Engineer to join our team. Candidates must have experience with heavy civil projects and cost management.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative and financial analysis
- Ensure accurate and timely coding and entry into cost system
- Record weekly production quantities into cost system
- Prepare financial reports, projections, presentations and summary data
- Evaluate and monitor the overall project cost and budget
- Expedite payments from owner
- Record and track extra work for payment from owner
- Review and process sub-contractor payments
- Process invoices for payment
- Analyze change order values against the budget to include in cost projections
- Attend project meetings and provide financial project status
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands/Working Conditions (with or without reasonable accommodation):
Sit and/or stand for extended periods. Have manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination needed to use a variety of office equipment such as computer, telephones, calculators, copiers and drafting equipment. Must have vision in order to review documents, work on a computer, sit, stand, and walk on uneven terrain at construction sites, etc.
Since 1946, Yonkers Contracting Company (YCC) has focused on building infrastructure for the New York Metropolitan region. Over its 73-year history, YCC has diversified and developed into a multifaceted organization providing heavy construction, general contracting, and design-build services to public and private clients. YCC is one of the metropolitan area’s leading infrastructure construction firms, constructing improvements and modifications to existing infrastructure, and building new construction in the region’s dense, urban environment. YCC uses innovative construction techniques and methodology to meet specific project needs and challenges, and assigns the best personnel to each project based on their individual skills and abilities. YCC is a cohesive team of professionals and continually seeks the best candidates to join our growing organization.
Yonkers Contracting Company, Inc. (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, sex, age, color, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, familial status, covered veteran status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, and the Company follows the requirements of applicable law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Posting ID: 563260000Posted: 2020-08-09