This job contributes to Taco Cabana’s success by providing legendary customer table service to all customers. This job creates the Taco Cabana Experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt table service, quality food and beverages, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the crowd pleaser. Deliver legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a “customer comes first” attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Provides quality food and beverages consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the Taco Cabana culture, values and mission. Maintains a calm exterior presence during periods of high volume or unusual events to maintain a clean and comfortable store environment.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to managers so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Taco Cabana Experience and environment during each shift.
- Follows Taco Cabana’s operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all team members during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that team members can locate resources and product as needed.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in team member morale and communicating them to the management team.
- Assists with new team member training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
- Certification as host/hostess
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the retail environment
- Effective oral communication skills
- Ability to direct the work of others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
Must have the ability to lift and carry items up to 20 pounds.
Must be able to work in an environment which is normally 85ºF to 90ºF.
Must have the capacity to stay in one bodily position and location for a prolonged period of time, mobility to get to other stations within the restaurant, stretching, reaching, bending, walking and standing.
Must be able to listen attentively and communicate, both verbally and in writing, with customers, supervisors and co-workers.
Must be able to read and follow written instructions. Maintains stock levels of cups, lids and ice. Maintains stock levels of beverage and dessert products.
Serves beverage (including alcohol) and dessert products (front-line only). Double checks outgoing orders for accuracy (drive-thru only).
Follows product preparation chart to cook proper amounts. Must be 18 years or older (Alcoholic Beverage Commission requirements). Bilingual skills in English and Spanish is preferred. High school diploma or GED equivalent desired. Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money accurately. Basic knowledge of the functions of cash registers preferred.