Marczyk Fine Foods prides itself on being a world-class neighborhood market, and any great neighborhood market has a great deli. The Bread Baker will be responsible for producing the Marczyk line of handmade breads in accordance to our guiding principles of Profitability, Excellence, Authenticity, Integrity, Consistency and Reliability. The Bread Baker must work diligently to meet production demands, maintaining very high quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Work efficiently and independently in all aspects of handmade bread production (sizing recipes, pre-mixing, mixing, shaping, and baking)
- Responsible for producing breads in line with production schedule and re-size formulas for changes to production schedule.
- Meet daily market demand for two locations with a team that can grow.
- Consistently deliver highest quality product, demonstrating integrity in process and technique.
- Responsible for department security and safety; monitors and guarantees proper sanitation and cleanliness
- Works with the General Manager to monitor equipment to ensure good working order and maintenance.
- Monitors food supplies and purchases systematically to ensure inventory turnover and ingredient quality.
- Works closely with all department leadership to meet store goals in regards to quality, merchandising, customer communication, and FUN!
- Responsible for ensuring bread is properly labeled and packaged for sale
- Maintains an open line of communication with all staff, keeping everyone current on department matters.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with vendors, staff and other associates.
- Handles, in a positive manner, those inherent levels of stress associated with employment situations.
- Considers advice and cooperates with recommendations made by managers and coworkers on actions designed to improve department operations and financial results.
- Interest in eating well and food preparation
- Creativity in problem solving, salesmanship, and customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to take criticism, work efficiently, and be adaptable to change
- Is able to effectively manage emotions in the workplace
- Able to work a varied schedule including days, evenings, weekends, & holidays
- Mathematical proficiency and analytical business skills to perform required functions
- Able to repetitively lift 50 lbs, bend, stoop, and stand for long periods of time
- Able to work effectively within a diverse group of people
Posting ID: 68227141Posted: 2020-07-14