The Front End Cashier is responsible for Front of House operations, under the direction of the Front End Lead. Responsibilities include cashiering (operation of Point of Sale system and accurate, reliable cash handling), store opening and/or closing, and keeping all customer-accessible areas clean and organized. The Front End Cashier's task is to deliver World-Class customer service and provide a positively unique and personal experience for our customers every time. Our cashiers are knowledgeable of the products we sell and of what our differentiators are.
This is not your typical stand-behind-the-register job. Our cashiers are the first and last people our customers see and are important tone-setting mojo makers for the customers and other team members alike. A positive and engaging attitude is key to making this a World Class Market. This position is customer-first, always.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Able to understand and handle all scenarios of the customer POS transaction including: returns, house charges, gift cards, Credit Card Offline, etc.
- An outgoing, engaging, and fun personality with the ability to transcend personal issues who is able to set a positive tone throughout the store for both customers and other employees.
- Acknowledges greeting every customer that enters the store. Preferably greeting them with a 'Hello!', a smile and a nod, or a happy wave of the hand.
- Engages with customers as they shop and walk the market. Is able to find out what the customer wants and leads them to where they can find it.
- Knowledgeable of and able to communicate all components of the Friends & Family to customers. Also, knows how to properly update and edit customer information when necessary.
- Assists other departments such as grocery and produce (pro-gro) with stocking, packaging, signage, and merchandising.
- Opening cashier consistently has the store set up and ready to open at 7:55am.
- Able to clean and maintain all customer-accessible and visible areas of our market including, but not limited to: floors, bathrooms, trash cans, parking lot, sidewalks, coffee and soup stations, and merchandise.
- Brews and stocks the coffee stations throughout the day.
- Weather-related duties include shoveling sidewalks and applying ice melt as needed, from property line to property line, and ensuring a safe and dry floor throughout the store.
- Doing final preparations on products at the register (taping soup lids, etc.) to minimize
- Bagging groceries (often referred to as Tetris) with the appropriate weight distribution, layering to ensure care for product, and to customer specifications. Double bagging where needed.
- Carrying bags out for those customers wherever possible.
- Answering the phone and properly and quickly directing the caller to the proper party.
- A clear working understanding of Catapult and how inventory levels are affected by things like product returns and damaged items.
- Ability to accurately identify a dynamic and often changing produce set is a must.
- Ability to troubleshoot those items that don't scan and how to find the correct product quickly and accurately.
- Clear knowledge of our delivery policy and an ability to communicate to those vendors who do not follow our rules.
- Stocks retail supplies in appropriate areas to best serve our customers. Makes sure we have them readily available for use and that inventory levels are appropriate. Takes action wherever needed.
- Maintains level of shopping equipment used to gather products (hand carts and shopping carts). Retrieving them from other areas.
- Ability to see the store through the customer's eyes. Also known as full court vision.
- Understands, utilizes, and advocates for our Pig Love/Mad Cow program and our Make It Right customer advocacy program.
- Involvement in quarterly grocery inventories.
- Communicates non-scanning items to the proper department.
- Takes initiative to work with little or no supervision.
- Is a team player and is able to positively and effectively work with various personalities.
- Is responsible for locking and arming the store, this cashier is responsible for the safe and its contents and for arming the store, and knowing that if, for some reason, the system won't arm, he/she may not leave until the general manager or other manager has been notified and they arrive.
- Personable, positive, infectious, confident, engaging, calm under stress.
- Basic knowledge of produce.
- Neat handwriting.
- Excellent basic math skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Able to withstand constant arm, hand, wrist motion.
- Ability to lift, stand, and hustle. There is little or no sitting as a cashier.
- Able to work a varied schedule.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, customer oriented environment.
- Inability to utter the words “That’s not my job”
- Retail cashier experience.
- Previous Catapult experience a plus.
- Knowledge of specific products.
- Comfortable with sales and sampling techniques.
Posting ID: 68227139Posted: 2020-02-19