Mission: The wine shops at Marczyk's are an awesome place to work and shop. The business and culture we have built is sustainable because we are profitable. We are trusted because we are consistent and reliable. We are excellent at what we do, and work passionately to deliver a world class, authentic experience to our customers and to each other.
Marczyk's sells the best wines you've never heard of. We love curating and selling this unique mix of wine, beer, and spirits.
OVERVIEW - WINE IS FUN!
Wine is fun! The sales associate is responsible for supporting the manager and team in all day-to-day operations, strategy and tactic implementation, and cooperates with and supports the manager in all aspects of the business including, but not limited to: selling a world-class product mix, execution of sales strategies in and out of store, excellent customer experience. Members of the sales team are enthusiastic about sharing their love of wine, beer and spirits in a sales-focused environment. They are equally passionate about sales and service as they are maintaining a clean, organized, and well-stocked store. They are well organized and can prioritize their responsibilities.
Sales and Service Responsibilities
- Greet customers as they come in the door, ask questions and build relationships. Must enjoy selling our unique product mix.
- Working with manager on the effective execution of special orders.
- Willing to learn food and wine pairing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively engage customers for the purpose of selling the unique MFW product mix.
- Continuous and efficient handling of daily deliveries, inventory, back stock, shelf-facings, and general merchandising tasks.
- General cashier duties including cash management, administering returns, creating gift cards, etc.
- Learning how to create new signage to maintain customer communication of product attributes.
- Administrative work including price changes, and sign making.
- Support the manager in implementing new ways to display and sell 'The best wines you've never heard of.'
Inventory Management Responsibilities
- Receives and stocks product including invoice receiving.
- Ensure all product has placement on the sales floor.
- Works in conjunction with manager to perform inventory as necessary.
- Works under manager direction to maintains adequate levels of stock throughout the day; monitors item movement and manages replenishment of product. Stores back-stock in appropriate places.
- Helps to manage deliveries. Correctly checks in product, enters new product into Catapult when received.
- Maintains high level of organization on the sales floor and back-of-house.
- Supports the team to make sure product is stocked, properly marked, and priced.
- Ensures the store is clean. Wipes down windows, sweeps the floor, mops, dusts bottles, keeps the register tidy, breaks down boxes, brings out trash and recycling.
- Takes care of spills, broken glass, and damaged product immediately, or seeks help in doing so.
- Uses proper lifting techniques.
- Communicates with teammates orally and through email/communication logs.
- Communicates that wine is fun!
- Candidates must be innately sales and service focused.
- Knowledge of wine, beer and spirits with a particular emphasis on wine.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Availability on Sunday and Friday evenings is a must.
- Positive, friendly affect. Enjoys talking to people, learning about their needs, and delivering.
- Ability to repetitively lift 40 lbs., bend, stoop, and stand for long periods of time.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to use technology to help solve problems.
- Previous sales experience.
Posting ID: 68227146Posted: 2020-07-14