Marczyk Fine Foods prides itself on being a world class neighborhood market; from the everyday to the exotic, we've curated a diverse and delicious selection of products for our customers. The Produce Team Member will ensure that the department in our market is fully and beautifully stocked with the highest quality (freshest, most flavorful, and best looking) produce in Denver. To promote all these aspects we source directly from local farmers wherever possible. The Produce Team Members play an essential role in delivering excellence and consistency in service to our customers each day by actively engaging with them, answering questions, making recommendations, and using sampling to drive sales. Produce is one of the most perishable items we offer in our market and it, therefore requires specific care, storage, rotation, and display that the Team Member will be responsible for. In addition, produce team members must be able to perform all the duties of a cashier.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Implements the '5 Steps to Make it Right' when a customer has a problem with our products or services
- Maximizes time spent on the sales floor to engage with customers
- Enthusiastically and spontaneously samples products to customers
- Gathers and communicates necessary customer information to Produce Lead when a special order is requested
- Listens to customer requests/feedback and communicates that to the Lead
- Builds full, beautiful, properly color-blocked, and shop-able displays. Considers volume movement of items when merchandising. Maintains stock levels on displays once built
- Stores product properly both when closing down the department at night as well as in back-stock to maintain freshness
- Continually assesses quality of product by look, taste, touch, and smell. Takes appropriate action on items that deemed to be poor quality.
- When stocking deliveries to the floor, ensures best practices for product care are followed with fidelity
- Sprays down, with water, select items displayed in the produce at frequent intervals to keep product crisp, clean and glistening
- Maintains quality and visual appeal on products through rotation, crisping/reviving, trimming ends, re-bunching, re-packaging, stripping leaves, etc.
- Maintains high level of organization on the sales floor and back-of-house. Proper storage will maintain freshness, quality, rotation (FIFO) and accessibility of product.
- Places signage in proximity to the product that communicates price, growing method, and any other pertinent information to the customer. Makes adjustments at the direction of the Lead.
- Performs final preparations, to specifications, on items not yet ready for sale: re-packing items into appropriate containers, attaching correct labels, printing Toledo scale tags, Avery barcode labels, etc. when necessary
- Completes tasks with a strong sense of urgency and efficiency in movement
- Ability to order CORE items from vendors to ensure we deliver consistency in stock (as a back-up for Lead)
- Diverts product that is less than retail quality, but still usable to other depts. to mitigate waste and promote profitability, at the direction of the Lead
- Follows waste tracking and reporting systems
- Involved in conducting quarterly inventory
- Responsible for cleanliness in all areas of the department including equipment. Participates in occasional case and large scale cleaning projects
- Understands Health Dept. regulations and Marczyk's safety policies. Identifies/helps remedy unsafe situations
- Uses proper lifting techniques
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Communicates with team-mates and Lead throughout shifts, giving regular updates on active tasks and planned shift accomplishments. Sets up other team members to succeed.
- Communicates with other departments to accomplish tasks as necessary
- Considers advice and cooperates with recommendations made by managers and coworkers on actions designed to improve department operations and financial results
- Assists with seasonal switches of displays at the direction of the Lead
- Attends and actively participates in team SCRUMMs
- Assists the Receiver in evaluating quality of fresh items and efficiently loading carts of product in the back room as deliveries are processed
- ‘Fullness' Audit - weekly audit that will assess fullness of displays on the sales floor compared to current stock levels
- Product Representation Audit - random weekly audit to check to that each product we have in stock is represented on the sales floor
- Product Quality Check - monthly audit on quality of produce items on display. Notes will be issued on items not up to standards.
- Product Rotation Audit - monthly audit that will assess whether items are being rotated properly on display and in back-stock
- General produce knowledge (standard items, seasonality and preparation)
- Able to work a varied schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Mathematical proficiency and analytical business skills to perform required functions.
- Prioritizes tasks appropriately and can re-prioritize with ease
- Comfort with handling knives
- Creativity in merchandising, salesmanship, and customer service
- Passionate about produce sourcing, eating well and food preparation
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Takes feedback in stride and is adaptable to change
- Professional interest in produce retailing and sales
- Ability to repetitively lift 50lbs, bend, stoop, and stand for long periods of time. Constant arm, hand, and wrist motion
- Able to work effectively within a diverse group of people
Posting ID: 68227144Posted: 2020-07-14