Full Time Direct Care position avialable at a Denville Group Home. Currently hiring for 3pm-11pm shifts incudling weekdats and weekends Employee will be responsible for the care & supervision of adolescent boys with therapeutic challenges. Must have a Bacherlor's Degree or 5 years of experience working with children in a group setting. This is a highly recreational program, and a valid driver's licese is a must. Hours vary and will include evenings and weekends. Please fax your resume to 973-627-3338 or reply to this ad. Salary is negotiable based on prior experience pertaining to this field.
Responsibilities and Duties
Direct Care Worker
1. Reports to work five minutes prior to the beginning of scheduled shift
2. Reports to Supervisor at the beginning of shift for information and direction
3. Completes all necessary documentation assigned by Shift Supervisor
4. Assists the residents with the completion of the daily routine
5. Advises residents on policies, procedures, rules, privileges and resident rights.
6. Praises and holds residents accountable as per our behavior modification system
7. Promotes pro-social peer interactions
8. Reads and retains critical information in residents’ files
9. Assists residents in attaining treatment goals
10. Motivates residents to participate in recreational activities
11. Attends mandatory meetings (i.e., staff meetings, in-services, and trainings)
12. Available for on-call coverage of shifts
13. Transports resident to assigned activity or elsewhere as directed by Supervisor
14. Dispenses medication to residents
15. Adheres to all Direct Care and personnel policies and procedures.
16. Achieves Certification in Safe Crisis Management and Nurtured Heart Approach.
17. Maintains proper supervision of residents, requests additional training, as needed
18. Implements techniques learned in trainings
19. Responsible to remain on shift (mandatory overtime), as the need occurs
20. Communicates necessary information to Supervisor
Qualifications and Skills
Must have a Bachelor's Degree or 5 years of experience working with children in a group setting.
This job has great perks, including health benefits (Medical and Dental) and a matched SIMPLE IRA.