Shift Leader – Five Guys
Five Guys Burgers and Fries is one of America’s most successful hamburger concepts, not just for its food, ranked the #1 burger in America by the Zagat survey, but also because of its employees.
We have a unique work environment where you’re trained to work every position in the restaurant. From the register, to the grill, to morning prep and evening close, our crew members become a team working in all aspects of the restaurant.
We also have a unique crew bonus program that provides the opportunity to earn bonuses two times per week paid out if awarded each pay cycle. This gives our Shift Leaders the opportunity to earn much higher incomes.
We have an open kitchen experience so it’s fun and it’s loud with lots of team communication. The crew’s burger creation is part of the customer experience.
We care about our employees safety & well being! So, what are we doing to keep our crew members safe?
- Masks & gloves are provided to all employees
- We have installed protective shields at the register areas
- We are checking our employees temperatures upon entering the building
- Limiting the amount of customers into the building
So, what’s it takes to be a successful Five Guys Shift Leader?
- People & Leadership Skills – Do you know how to lead and motivate people? This one skill set is what separates good managers from poor managers and will be the key attribute we will focus on in our interview process.
- Energy & Stamina – it’s a team-based work environment and crew energy is important. Service with a smile is mandatory.
- Ability To Work At A Fast Pace – Our kitchen’s have a lot going on and there’s lots of on-the-line communication and job rotation. It’s not for everybody.
- Good Communication – Our crew is vocal and supports and works with each other on what’s happening real-time during each shift.
- Love for Burgers and Classic Rock and Roll – We make some of the best burgers and fries in the biz and do it to the sounds of classic rock and roll. Yes, singing is encouraged.
- Caring About Your Teammates – Always working for the success of your team.
- SMILE, UPBEAT, FRIENDLY & OUTGOING! – We give away a FREE Smile with every order!
- High school diploma, some post high school education a plus.
- At least 1 year’s previous leadership experience in some capacity.
- At least 1 years’ experience in the food service business.
- ServeSafe Certification a plus.
- Strong references from people who have worked for you and who you’ve worked for.
- Have your own vehicle and can travel to any of our locations for work is not required but will pay more for that kind of availability and flexibility.
- Crew assignment, training and motivation of the team during your shift
- Customer relationship management
- Able to follow company standards, policies and procedures and teach them to others.
Starting at $12.50 an hour plus secret shopper money, bi-weekly bonus incentives, free meal each shift, plus tips! Total compensation is comparable to $16.00 an hour!
Health, Dental & Life Insurance available to all full time employees!
Posting ID: 74315803Posted: 2020-07-14