CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Processes the computer Room Service meal requests and coordinates the Diet Office computer programs for the diet order change reports, nourishment lists and other forms needed for the room service-patient tray service assembly area. Performs assigned food service/clinical services tasks and any other related duties, which are assigned in support of the Clinical Nutrition Services and Dietary Services operation.
- Oversees the daily activities for the Room Service Call Center. Supports and assists the staff with completion of daily tasks. Educates newly hired Call Center Operators. Monitors their work for accuracy and productivity.
- Processes computer programs for the Room Service patient tray service. Ensures menu distribution to Mercy Franklin. Maintains an accurate and up-to-date files and records for the nourishments, tube feedings and baby Formulas. Coordinates processing of nourishment, tube feeding and baby formula orders (prints labels).
- Assists patients with menu selections using the computer system. Responds to customers quickly. Telephone courtesy and patient confidentiality maintained at all times.
- Applies basic diet principles in order to correct menu accuracy of computer-selected or hand-selected meals, including dietary restrictions and allowances. Utilizes verbal scripts for appropriate patient interactions at all times. Related experience or education demonstrating knowledge of normal and modified diets.
- Communicates effectively with nursing staff, patients, families and other departments.
- Provides bedside Room Service selections by using a computer "notebook" and helps patients to select their menus when needed. Enters menu selection data into the computer for food count and tray tickets. Is able to evaluate menu selections for good nutrition intake based on the Room Service, Dietary and CNS standard procedures for diets and diet patterns.
- Communicates by telephone or in person with patients of all age levels to determine preferences and to review their food intake records. Able to research a diet order history in the electronic health record and notify the Assistant or area dietitian when indicated.
- Checks diet office room service computer program for patient fluid selections and allowable foods.
- Reviews ticket log to determine which patients have not placed an order for that meal period and initiates telephone contact as appropriate. Makes necessary diet changes to keep the diet office computer programs updated.
- Serves as a resource to the Room Service Communication operators and trayline supervisors.
- Accepts phone messages, responds appropriately, records data received and directs information to the appropriate person or area.
- Keeps work area organized and working surfaces clean.
- Actively supports and participates in performance and quality improvement activities, including but not limited to tray assembly, meal rounds and department committees.
- Provides assistance with tray assembly and delivery as needed.
- Assist with sanitation inspection, temperature monitoring in the department and/or patient-food areas.
- Responds and cooperates with the changes in workload.
- Assists in any aspect of patient meal service as requested.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Clinical or specialized training as that which would be acquired in the first two years of college or business school desirable.
- Two years experience in food service operation preferred.
- Membership in the Dietary Managers Association desirable
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.