United States of America - Michigan, SouthfieldJob Summary
- Works under direct supervision performing routine and repetitive duties.
- On-the-job training is received in an area of technical specialty.
- Monitoring the roadways, including detecting, confirming, updating, and responding to scheduled and unscheduled traffic events and congestion with ITS devices such as closed circuit TV, detectors, etc.
- Act like an emergency dispatcher within a call center environment dispatching Road Rangers via a two-way radio system to assist motorists, respond to events and other activities that require timely and efficient responses.
- May be involved in training and supervising technical personnel.
- May perform some data entry.
- Works under direct supervision performing moderately complex technical work utilizing instructions, drawings, sketches and results from computer systems and schematics. Perform critical thinking functions and assessments and make decisions based upon circumstances.
- Other duties assigned
HS Diploma or GEDPreferred Qualifications
Prior experience with traffic monitoring or signaling.
High level of detail orientation
Strong customer service experience
Ability to Multi-taskWhat We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Transportation Operations Management / Traffic MonitoringBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Detroit, MI - 2550 Grand BlvdClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Posting ID: 559539026Posted: 2020-07-14