Allied Universal is seeking Professional Security/Fire Officers. Our Fire Officers allow us to contribute to our company's core purpose of providing unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses of our communities.
- The Position Starts at $17/Hr. The Site is Located In Dearborn, MI.
- Respond to: All emergency fire and security alarms, medical emergencies, haz mat incidents, and requests for service.
Fire operations: Building inspections, fire extinguisher inspection and maintenance, inspection and testing fire systems, approve welding operations (hot work permits), fire hydrant testing, PA system testing, Fire engine operations, minor vehicle maintenance, water leaks.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- Inspect Weekly - public areas, hallways, stairwells, assembly areas, meeting rooms, cafeterias, coffee shops and kitchens, industrial areas, garage and health facility.
- Inspect Quarterly - All offices and work areas.
- Inspect Daily - All graphic annunciator panels & network fire alarm systems, stairwell exits and follows the techniques as prescribed in post orders.
- Assist the Site Focal with emergency training for "floor wardens".
- Participate in Fire and Life Safety systems testing, to include month end testing,
scheduled weekly and daily testing, acceptance testing, for new systems and
testing of repaired or upgraded systems to ensure that they function to meet the
design specification and are code compliant.
- Assist in investigations of safety and fire incidents and prepare USIR reports after each incident.
- Assist in Fire and Life Safety training for new security officers.
- Prepare and submit reports on results of the various inspections and tests as
- Assist in coordinating and conducting Emergency Evacuation/Shelter-In-Place Emergency & Fire Safety Plan.
- Perform such other duties as required by the site focal.
- Experience in working with Fire, Life, Safety, and Security Monitoring Systems
- CPR (Health Care Provider)
- Valid Drivers License
- Bloodborn Pathogens
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to conceptualize and analyze problems; identify problems and provide clear concise solutions
- Be self-motivated and possess a strong initiative and follow through ability.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment as well as working independently
- Must be a team player and responsive to the needs of the other team members of the Security Management Team and the operational needs, goals and objectives of GSDCS
- Be competent in the use of all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite products
- Key Competencies: Integrity, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Time Management, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Drive for Results, Building Effective and Performing Teams, Learning on the Fly.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: .
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Posting ID: 566878125Posted: 2020-08-05