Provides overall leadership and administration of center's operations, programs and services in coordination with the contract requirements, Housing Division's program and the objectives of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
* In coordination with contract requirements and Division Policies and procedures develop, implement and evaluate written operational guidelines for the daily administration and management of Center's physical site, programs, and services.
* Ensure that operations meet all regulatory and quality assurance standards including but not limited to (MI)OSHA, state regulations governing senior housing operations, local ordinances, residents rights, organization policies and procedures and accreditation standards from the Council on Accreditation (COA).
* Develop, maintain, and communicate written policies/procedures governing activities and services of the center.
* Participate in the development of new programs/services consistent with the goals of the division and the mission of Samaritas. Establish, monitor, and implement goal setting, outcome measurements and quality improvement processes related to service delivery.
* Assist with the preparation of the Center's annual operating budget and recommend capital expenditures.
* Market vacant apartments to prospective residents through advertising, leasing and other methods. Determine and certify eligibility of prospective residents in accordance with contract guidelines and standards.
* Act as liaison between persons served, families and responsible parties. Investigate complaints, violations and disturbances; resolve complaints in accordance with established procedures.
* Collect application, rental fees and other monies; maintain records and reports as required.
* Partner with Human Resources in staff attraction and retention efforts, including hiring, onboarding, coaching and counseling and performance management. Ensure staff adherence to policies and procedures. Ensure delegation of responsibility and accountability.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
* Bachelor's degree in human services, business administration, community services, or related field preferred.
* Two years' experience in a housing setting preferred.
* Supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Policies and procedures related to senior housing.
* Ability and willingness to display compassion and empathy towards vulnerable adults.
* Ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision.
* Ability to work professionally and effectively with residents, staff, community and governmental agencies and general public.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to read, speak and write English; prepares business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
* Ability to effectively utilize computer software including word processing and spreadsheet programs, HUD software and web-based applications.
* Ability to read, understand and analyze basic financial reports and budgets.
Additional Work Requirements
* Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
Physical and Mental Requirements
* Ability to stand and move about inside and outside of building.
* Sees and hears persons served and able to perceive all aspects of the environment of the persons serviced.
* May lift/carry materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
* Near visual acuity.
* Hand-eye coordination for computer data entry.
At Samaritas, we ask you to join us - to "Be The Rock That Starts The Ripple". A ripple of transformation in the individual lives of the 15,000 people we help each year, and a ripple of positive change throughout our community. Our team is growing at Samaritas! We are seeking more Rocks to join our team. We are always looking for additional employees who want to make a big impact and have a lot of fun doing so as part of an enthusiastic, collaborative team. We want you to be our rock!
We walk with people in need, offering hope and compassion while upholding their dignity, advocating for equality and justice, and seeking creative solutions with those who place their trust in us.
For a Samaritas video preview please click on our video link: https://vimeo.com/344133081
Samaritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled
Posting ID: 601278724Posted: 2021-01-22