As a part of our growth LKQ is looking for a friendly, helpful, and organized Branch Administrative Clerk with knowledge of bookkeeping, multi user telephone system, and basic computer skills. As a Branch Administrative Clerk, you will manage the credit and collection of customer accounts, insuring timely payments of accounts receivable to maintain positive cash flow. Our Branch Administrative Clerk will identify and attempt to resolve payment problems as they occur in a friendly manner. This position is ideal for someone that enjoys working with customers, sales people, and assisting team members. Also, you must be comfortable working in an office environment, where frequent interruptions may occur, and work well under pressure. If you enjoy working hard, multitasking, assisting others, looking for growth, and working with enthusiastic individuals, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Essential Job Duties:
1. Collect, record and administer the deposit of cash receipts.
2. Prepare a daily cash sheet.
3. Update the accounts receivable records, sending copies of invoices and applying credits as authorized.
4. Contact customers regarding slow payments.
5. Communicate with Route Salespeople, and General Manager regarding collection problems.
6. Initiate preliminary work associated with credit approvals. Process credit applications, securing necessary information for proper customer evaluation.
7. Check-in Route Salespeople to verify receipt of signed invoices and proper payment of C.O.D. invoices.
8. Comply with all safety standards and requirements to assure a safe and hazard-free workplace.
9. Initiate and support the continual improvement of LKQ Corporation quality improvement system.
10. Assumes other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred. General office experience with 1-year accounts receivable collection experience desired.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal and telephone communication skills. Must be accurate and precise in the inputting of information, understand accounting, bookkeeping, and must have attention to detail.
MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, AND SOFTWARE: Computer, 10-key calculator, multi-user telephone system, copier, fax machine, and Microsoft Office software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: Must have the ability to work in an office environment where frequent interruptions may occur. Must be able to work under pressure comfortably
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional inclement driving conditions.
Posting ID: 573539227Posted: 2020-09-28