AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE MANAGER
MULTI FRANCHISE DEALER GROUP seeks EXPERIENCED Service Manager. This position requires a capable leader, with the ability to organize, train and supervise personnel. You must be capable to manage the entire service operation including shop assignments, personnel and standards of performance and work output to satisfy customer’s service needs.
- Build and develop and maintain retail and fleet markets for service work.
- Supervise and control work load of service technicians.
- Schedules service work according to priority and maintains an orderly flow of work.
- Handles customer concerns pertaining to service and repair work.
- Supervises the training of service technicians, advisors, valets, and receptionists.
- Maintains in good condition all service tools and service vehicles.
- Responsible for keeping shop and outside facility clean.
- Responsible for the safety of service technicians and maintaining a safe working environment in the shop area and reporting all accidents to Human Resources immediately.
- Works in co-ordination with Parts, Office, Sales and Management.
- Make sure warranty claims are processed in accordance of manufacturer’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure customer, warranty, and internal job tickets are properly completed.
- Previous experience as a service advisor is advantageous
- Extensive technical background with management training
- Have been in the business for 5 years or more
- Require strong communication skills to deal with customers, employees and vendors
- Required to maintain the profitability of their departments while controlling expenses and maintaining customer satisfaction
- Required to not only understand and keep abreast of the federal, state, and local regulations that affect their operations, but must also comply with these regulations including hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know and provide necessary training on these regulations and ethical practices
- Professional certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is preferred
- National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Service Consultant Certification (preferred) and have at least some post-secondary education.
- Associate’s degree (or higher) in auto technology is beneficial
The qualified candidate will receive a compensation package that is second to none, benefits and state-of-the-art facility. For confidential interview email resume.
Posting ID: 559509944Posted: 2020-07-03