The purpose of this position is to lead the quality team at the Lovejoy. This position is responsible for all of the quality functions for the business. Quality functions include the quality management system, overall product quality, compliance, internal/external auditing, change management, inspections, training certifications, document and record control, non-conformance management, supplier quality, problem solving, and quality cost reduction. This position plays a key role in maintaining day-to-day performance as well as establishing the long-term direction for quality.
- Develop and maintain a high-performing organization through the selection, development, motivation and leadership of quality team members.
- Lead the development and refinement of the quality management system to drive operational accuracy and efficiency and ensure that all corporate, customer and regulatory requirements are satisfied.
- Manage and direct all areas of inspection (incoming material inspection, in-process inspection, final inspection, etc.).
- Serve as lead representative for all quality issues and maintain strong customer relations through timely and accurate communication and problem resolution.
- Lead the business in the interpretation and application of quality standards, customer requirements, packaging standards, and product engineering specifications to ensure product conformance.
- Drive quality assurance and quality control activities to ensure compliance and success on customer audits, corporate audits and 3rd party certification audits (ISO9001, Timken Quality Management System, etc.).
- Manage and refine system for gauge, machine and process capability, including set-up, calibration and operating procedures.
- Manage the activities associated with supplier quality and continuous improvement of supplier performance.
- Lead the overall change management process in coordination with the engineering team and guide risk mitigation activities.
- Manage the document and record control processes to ensure the proper transfer and retention of information.
- Guide training and certification activities in coordination with Human Resources to make certain that associates are trained and possess the knowledge and skill necessary to do their jobs.
- Champion the business problem solving process, guiding and developing associates to solve problems at the root.
- Lead cost reduction efforts to prevent defects and drive down overall quality costs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Applied Sciences, Math/Statistics required. Master's degree preferred.
- 8 years experience in Quality Supervision/Management required, 12 years preferred.
- ASQ Certification preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Must have quality management experience with competence in quality system management and auditing.
- Must demonstrate a bias for action with a results orientation and positive communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership capabilities.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to work in Microsoft office programs and use corporate systems such as SAP.
- Ability to use statistical and analytical tools is preferred.
- Lean background is preferred.
Posting ID: 589246212Posted: 2020-12-01