This position is located in Aurora, IL.
Floor & Decor is seeking Warehouse Associates to join our team in Aurora, IL! You will be responsible for performing safe, accurate and timely purchase order and inter-store transfer shipping and receiving procedures in the facility’s warehouse
- Act and work in a manner that is consistent with company’s core values
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and compliance with the company’s safe lifting practices standard operating procedures
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute directions from the Warehouse Lead
- Demonstrated understanding of and compliance with all company inventory, shipping and receiving, and customer service-related standard operating procedures
- Satisfactory completion of the Industrial Truck (forklift) proficiency testing and certification
- Schedule trucks for receiving when called by vendors
- Load and record customer merchandise in and out of warehouse customer pickup including all merchandise in the customer hold area
- Demonstrate safe loading and unloading skills with respect to customer vehicles
- Conduct frequent and thorough safety inspections of inventory racks and pallet stacks
- Maintain general cleanliness, organization, and appearance inside and outside of the warehouse
- Answer the telephone according to accepted guidelines.
- High School education or equivalent
- At least one (1) year of sales experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company
- Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Maintaining composure in dealing with customers, authorities, executives, clients, and staff, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Frequent, walking, squatting, and bending
- Handling and being exposed to cash, credit cards and checks
- Regular talking and hearing
- Occasional standing, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting, pushing, pulling and crawling
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Repetitive hand use (keyboard, scanner, grasping, applying force).
At Floor & Decor, entrepreneurship and teamwork are not just buzzwords. Our associates are a community of success-driven, innovative go-getters that are taking the company and their careers to the next level. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, working with people from diverse backgrounds, and are looking to build a career, then come find your future at Floor & Decor.
Our commitment to an inclusive, diverse culture runs deep within the company. Floor & Decor believes when people from different backgrounds come together, amazing things happen. We believe differences in experiences and backgrounds create unique perspectives, and we can leverage those perspectives to generate fresh ideas, solve problems and to create better outcomes and professional opportunities that add to the rapid growth of our business. We encourage our associates to bring their authentic selves to work which helps us create an inclusive workplace that boosts productivity, creativity and collaboration. At Floor & Decor, your unique viewpoints will be heard, valued and make an impact.
Posting ID: 576462065Posted: 2020-10-28