Location: Good Samaritan Society Eugene Village
Address: 3500 Hilyard St, Eugene, OR 97405-3867 USA
Employment Type: Full-Time
- This position maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with health information management related policies and procedures.
- Formulates and works within annual budget.
- Accepts accountability for activities under direct control; exercises sound judgment and decision-making; promotes cooperative working relationships.
- Keeps abreast of and implements new programs or practices.
- Maintains knowledge of HIPAA and works to ensure compliance and enforcement of the policies and procedures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the protected health information and compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule.
- Supports and assists in carrying out corporate compliance initiatives managing the verification of licensing for physicians and other health care professionals.
- Provides leadership related to the privacy of protected health information, and applicable State and Federal privacy rules and regulations.
- Report and track according to rules and regulations, any privacy-related complaints or breaches; manages and provides oversight to the disclosure of protected health information, including appropriate response to requests for access/copies, subpoenas, court orders.
- Assures safeguards and systems are in place to maintain confidentiality of medical records and protected health information.
- Maintains a system for filing, retention and destruction of medical and clinical records.
- Ensures security and physical protection is in place to prevent loss, destruction and unauthorized use or disclosure of the medical record. Performs and records all admission and discharge health information management functions.
- Ensures discharge medical records are closed timely and are complete.
- Completes focus audits.
- Transmits MDS assessment information timely.
- Provides assistance and support with clinical applications.
- Responsible to lead the management and auditing of EMR; to include training, documentation, reports and retrieval management and monitoring.
- Maintains a monitoring system to ensure visits and necessary signatures are completed and returned by the physician.
- Conducts concurrent coding and ensures the assigned code accurately describes the services or condition of the resident, and is entered into the appropriate systems.
- Collaborates as necessary to ensure correct codes are reported for billing and that Medicare is only billed for items or services necessary based on a resident's documented medical condition.
- Assures documentation is present for items or services that were ordered and provided.
- Participates in quality and works to resolve problems using the CQI process.
- Audits medical records according to state and federal regulations and Society policy for accuracy, timeliness and completion.
- Complete statistical reports, retrieve quality indicator and quality measure and review MDS validation reports.
- Monitors written documentation, receives and shares information with other interdisciplinary team members.
- Provides orientation to new employees on medical record organization and content, record completion, confidentiality, documentation standards and error correction procedures.
- Understands and provides training on all aspects of GSS Resident Services.
- Understands the health information management aspects of ARC.
- Ensures a system is in place to maintain current resident specific information in GSS Resident Services and ARC.
- Generates and prints standard monthly reports and trends using queries/report function in GSS Resident Services on a timely basis.
- Accurately enters, maintains, transmits, generates and prints reports.
- Prior work in a Health Information Management/Medical Record department of a long-term facility, acute hospital or clinic. RHIT, RHIA or an associate degree in a related field preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisor skills.
- Must be self-motivated, extremely organized and have good planning abilities.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit https//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
Division: HEALTH INFORMATION MGMT
Req ID: req53188
id="detrack" defer src="https://d2e48ltfsb5exy.cloudfront.net/p/t.js?i=0,1" data-g="D37110BC78A54172855CC9A599857CE5220">
Posting ID: 589297719Posted: 2020-11-25