Established in Austin in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas, a private, non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, has become a multi-dimensional non-profit deeply entwined with business and job growth, the environment, and the overall spirit of Central Texas. Goodwill empowers more than 13,000 people each year, helping them fulfill their potential, improve the lives of their families, and contribute to the growth of the community. Goodwill, in collaboration with an extensive network of practical, thoughtful assistance-providers, actively strives to broaden its scope of education, job training, and business services in alignment with the core mission of generating lifelong connections to work.
The Assistant Manager coordinates with the General Manager of the retail store to oversee the employees and processes involved with all aspects of the daily operations of the store, including customer service, stocking, merchandising, inventory control, budgeting, and record keeping. The Assistant Manager helps to ensure overall production efficiency and to maintain standards in store organization and safety. In the absence of the General Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for all store operations.
Compensation for Assistant Store Manager
$15.00-$18.00/hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversees and executes the overall operation of the retail store with the general manager.
- Performs daily administrative/clerical functions of store operations such as cash transactions, ordering supplies, and opening and closing the store.
- Work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening, production, and closing operations including work on weekends and holidays.
- Assist in the supervision and training of employees, including setting work schedules for employees.
- Must be able to fulfill the duties of all production and retail staff, as needed, to include greeting donors and safely unloading donations from vehicles, completing donor receipts, sorting donated items into designated categories, accurate cash handling, maintaining sales floor neat and orderly, assist customers with purchases, and perform store upkeep duties.
- Create an atmosphere of ongoing exceptional customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Monitor and ensure a smooth process for all donation functions, while adhering to and enforcing security, audit and control procedures.
- Monitor sales transactions associated with purchases and ensure proper sales procedures are followed.
- Maintain staffing levels in production and on the sales floor while attaining budgeted payroll expense. This includes firing, hiring, and training all new associates in accordance with Goodwill policies.
- Maintain a neat and orderly store that is properly equipped and supplied to meet all budgetary requirements.
- Maintain effective email, phone and face to face communication with other divisions and stores as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the employment and training program to further the mission.
- Assist customers and handle all complaints.
This position has supervisory responsibilities over the Sales Associates, Merchandise Processors, Donation Attendants, Retail Team Leaders, and Production Team Leaders.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of assistant managerial/supervisory experience supervising several departments and/or staff of 10 or more employees.
- Health insurance – Coverage as low as $9.00 per paycheck
- Company paid life insurance
- Career training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Training with assigned Career Coach
- Opportunity receive a certification from out Career & Technical Academy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Post offer background check is required to ensure applicant meets all eligibility requirements for the assigned customer/location. Alternative work locations may be offered as appropriate.
Powered by JazzHR