US-KY-Dry Ridge Overview
The Retail Sales employee performs guest service by providing information to the guest about the store and retail products, assisting guests with merchandise, handling and care of the merchandise, and operating the cash stand; acting in a manner that conveys the highest possible degree of hospitality. The Retail employee assists in identifying and solving present and potential guest service issues.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs guest service by accepting payment from guests, providing information about the store and acting in a manner that conveys the highest degree of hospitality
- Perform both sales floor and cash stand responsibilities through a shift. Read and understand restaurant Guest checks. Understand the to-go order process and ring up Guest checks in a timely manner.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
- Greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Move between the cash stand and sales floor based on where the Guests are in order to meet their needs, with a sense of urgency.
- Be fully familiar with the operation of the cash register equipment, including replacement of receipt paper.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example
- Carefully monitors the operation of the stores and assists the manager in identifying and solving present and potential guest problems
- Follows Cracker Barrel Old Country Store operational policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all employees and guests during each shift.
- Answer the telephone in a pleasant manner and ensure the Guest’s needs are met.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
Delivering on this promise means monitoring public health issues that can impact our employees, including the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.
To ensure the safety of everyone in our stores, we adhere to CDC guidelines and federal, state, and local regulations. Enhanced safety, cleaning and disinfection protocols are in place which include all employees wearing masks, using wipeable menus, and removing high-touch table items like salt & pepper shakers, condiments, and peg games. Additionally, managers at every store have been equipped with thermometers in order to perform daily wellness screens of all employees to ensure a safe environment for our team and guests. Responsibilities
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards and cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our guests, including discovering and responding to guest needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Comply with a dress code that prohibits displaying tattoos on face or throat.
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
- Read, write and comprehend the English language
- Stand for long periods of time
- Lift a maximum of 25 pounds overhead for stocking merchandise
- Working knowledge of math, numbers, money counting and making correct change
- Work at a pace consistent with changing business volume and demands
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
Racism, either overt or perpetuated through unconscious bias, has no place at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, and both our Mission and People Promise are firmly rooted in the principle of valuing what everyone brings to the table. Our employees work hard to ensure that our brand, which is grounded in genuine hospitality and nostalgia, represents only what is good about those things. While our décor and food may harken back to earlier times, our inclusive culture and beliefs about equality and diversity do not.
Posting ID: 536844876Posted: 2020-07-14