As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global and strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high-performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you'll affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they’ll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you'll be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access to the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important technology firms in the world. BI Platform Build Engineer responsibilities include:
- Strong Systems background with the ability to conceptualize and rapidly implement creative solutions that efficiently meet the company’s business requirements.
- Ability to design process for periodic health check of the infrastructure and implementation of changes/vendor recommendations.
- Research functionality and technical configuration within the BI systems supported by the BI Applications group and prepare recommendations for system improvements whenever possible.
- Identify areas for automation of other process improvement. Make best practice recommendations and plan and lead implementation projects.
- Application Infrastructure engineering services : ‘Concept to Design’ solution including process shepherding/documentation
- Recommend BI governance process to ensure end-to-end system integrity
- Design integrated solution for BI governance, monitoring and alerting using differnt SDK’s and other tools.
- Design integrated solution between BI platforms and other peripheral systems such as Oracle, Hortonworks, Cloudera, GreenPlum, etc.
- Develop and document effective new and existing operational procedures for BI infrastructure, BI Architecture, and business system requirements (as well as recommendations and proposals).
- Demonstrated competencies in storage architecture, virtual infrastructures, systems security and baselines, data management including disaster recovery and data loss prevention. Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Maintain and administer corporate systems, services and applications
- Provide application administration and create, update and maintain all technical documentation.
- Specify system inputs, design workflow, and format output to meet user needs as required
- Document and maintain all system configuration information and related processes.
- Plan and implements new systems as required; optimize existing system resources to ensure efficient operations.
- Conduct regular system maintenance & testing, document defects, and work collaboratively with other departments and/or teams to resolve
- Extensive experience in distributed system architecture, design, development and end user experience.
- Experience in installing BI tools (Alteryx, Cognos, Tableau, Trifacta, etc.) servers in multi-node/multi-tier architecture.
- Performed administrative and support activities across a multi environment BI (Alteryx, Cognos, Tableau, Trifacta, etc.) Server infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting and general systems maintenance
- Experience in Debugging, performing system/application tuning by identifying long running reports.
- Proven understanding of high availability, data/system replication, and disaster recovery methodologies in the system and database spaces (Postgres or MongoDB especially)
- Highly motivated with the ability to work effectively in diverse team environments as well as independently
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices, and JPMorgan Chase & Co. policies
- Proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch, and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
- Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms
- Proficient in one of programming languages (Java, PERL, Python)
- Solid understanding of system integration in distributed systems environments
- Must have experience in SW design principles, and ability to follow overall architecture to design and develop code modules.
- Must have extensive programming/scripting experience in JAVA/UNIX Shell/Python/Windows PowerShell
- BI (Alteryx, Cognos, Tableau, Trifacta, etc.) Server architecture, configuration and administration experience using BI tools is a plus
- Experience with BI tool (Alteryx, Cognos, Tableau, Trifacta, etc.) customization is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot issues.
- SQL skills Knowledge of Relational and Dimensional data modeling concepts
- Experience with relational databases: Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and others a plus
- Experience in any ETL tool (e.g. Informatica, DataStage, etc.) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteransAbout the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve consumers, small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.