Willingness to work with individuals with physical and developmental disabilities and mental illness. Must be capable of oral and written communication in English with individuals and fellow employees; along with the ability to read, implement and document services and outcomes according to established guidelines.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
They physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift/move items weighing over 50 pounds. Requires full range of body motion, standing and walking for long periods of time, bending stooping and stretching, correct vision and hearing in normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE NOTIFICATION:
This position involves tasks which may result in exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, or supplies or equipment contaminated with blood, body fluids or tissues to include but not limited to: feeding tubes, CPR, Accidents/Injuries, personal hygiene, housekeeping, catheter care, etc.
- Ability to assist individuals to physically transfer from chair to bed, toilet, vehicle, tub, etc. as needed
- Willingess to work flexible hours, which includes additional hours and other days/shift hours if needed
- Positive work attitude for the benefit of the individuals and fellow employees
- Promote services in ways that support dignity and respect, quality service delivery in the home and community and opportunities for active community participation and relationships
- Assistindividuals with personal hygiene as needed (e.g. bathing, dressing, etc.)
- Assistindividuals with basic domestic duties as needed (e.g. cooking, laundry, cleaning, shopping, etc.)
- Transports individuals to vocational, recreational, medical, religious or other community experiences
- Shall maintain clean and safe environment and shall be sensitive to the individual's and family's needs
- Attends inservices and workshops to keep abreast of current techniques in the field of developmental disabilities, mental health, and home care
- Performs varied duties as necessary and appropriate to enhance and normalize the lives of the individuals
- Valid Ohio Driver's license or eligibility for Ohio Driver's license
- Evidence of automobile collison and liability insurance
- Functional automobile able to transportindividuals safely to vocational, recreational, medical, religious, and other community experiences
- Acceptable BCI and Criminal Background Check
- High schooldiploma, GED,or equivalency thereof
- Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 563208370Posted: 2020-08-05