- Software Engineer, Lead (Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Software Engineer, Lead (Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Clearance: TS/SCI
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
BIT Systems is seeking an enthusiastic Lead Software Engineer to work with a technically diverse team that develops software based signal processing applications.
- As a hands-on Software Engineer, you will Lead a talented team in the development and delivery of tactical solutions for an Army Program of Record system fielded to multiple COCOMs
- Mentor team members and lead the software services and UI development to provide technical solutions that can be deployed to fielded systems to support the warfighter
- Oversee tasking and drive the software engineering for a high visibility solution and collaborate with other functional areas to ensure technical solutions are implemented in a timely manner
- Engage in operational mission activities and oversee the implementation of software solutions to meet mission objectives
- Provide software engineering and web development expertise in support of software development and day-to-day operations of system operations and maintenance activities
- Lead a team in full stack development and maintenance of web-based and backend software applications
- Design and develop new capabilities/applications
- Derive requirements through interactions with the project management and systems engineering teams
- Design, develop, integrate, test, deploy and maintain software applications
- Follow Software deployment best practices
- Follow Configuration management workflows
- Support demonstrations/briefings as required
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering and 7+ years of related experience in software development
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting
- Experience with microservices, containers and software development and delivery
- Experience programming in Java and understanding of Object-oriented design
- Web Development Skills with Java-based technologies
- Demonstrated proficiency in communicating technical and analytical information in written products
- Exposure to all phases of software development lifecycle (concept, design, implementation, test, and production)
- Demonstrated experience leading highly visible technical solutions
- Experience coordinating and delivering prototype and QRC projects
- Strong technical leadership abilities
- There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Security+ or CISSP
- Experience in design, development, or testing of weapons systems
- Current TS/SCI
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Posting ID: 566877809Posted: 2020-08-05