Carlie C's IGA is seeking a self motivated individual who possesses experience in ordering, stocking, and merchandising in a busy retail environment, to be our next Grocery Manager. A Grocery Manager at Carlie C's IGA realizes that providing prompt and friendly customer service is priority #1. Being courteous and cooperative with both customer and coworker is a critical aspect of maximizing sales and building business for years to come.
A Grocery Manager position is one that carries leadership responsibility to lead and train by example. The ideal candidate has prior experience in ordering, stocking, and supervision.
Always remember, Carlie C's will authorize the bank to deposit your paycheck to you, but it is the customer who provides the funds in which we are paid. Therefore, we have plenty of reason to go out of our way to ensure that our customers are treated right.Duties
- Manage all aspects of the nonperishable departments
- Supervise, Train, and Schedule a stock crew
- Order product three times weekly to maintain shelf levels
- Stock shelves and supervise rotation requirements
- Operate a cash register when needed during busy times
- Adhere to all cash handling procedures, including cash, checks, coupons, gift cards, food stamps, WIC vouchers, etc.
- All other duties delegated by the Store Manager to meet the needs of daily operations and Customer service.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, friendly, outgoing, neat and clean in appearance.
- Must enjoy working with the public.
- Previous Grocery or Store Management experience required.
- Must be able to stand, bend, stoop and handle up to 75 lbs.
- Must have ability to read shelf tags, labels and signs.
- Must be able to write invoices and maintain appropriate paperwork.
- Must be able to respond professionally under pressure to both employees and customers.
- The ideal candidate is willing to work days, evenings, most weekends and holidays.
Posting ID: 549116197Posted: 2020-07-17