Reports To: Night Manager/Front Office Manager
General Purpose: Audit, balance and report on the various areas of the hotel (e.g. food and beverage outlets, rooms/front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate, timely information and to ensure company and Hotel policies and procedures are followed, and to prevent fraud.
- Audit, balance and report on all food and beverage outlets (e.g. restaurants, lounges, banquets, room service) cash and credit operations to include but not limited to checks, over/short figures/tally sheets, deposits, counts, house charges, promotional materials, postings, etc. and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely information.
- Audit, balance, post and report on the front desk to include but not limited to; room charges, phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures, deposits, etc., to ensure accuracy and verify proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Audit, balance and prepare, verify and report on room information to provide rooms management with a picture of how they are performing.
- Prepare and input statistics and income journal sheets for preparation of daily reports.
- Balance and close all bank ticket codes.
- Run night audit final after insuring all revenues are in balance nightly.
- Perform the duties of a Front Desk Agent/Bellman including check-ins and check-outs.
- Compile guest email addresses for comment cards and our market research company.
- Track guest issues in a master Guest Response Log, complete a snapshot of hotel and restaurant activity called the "Flash Report" and send to all employees.
- Basic supervision of 3rd shift staff, including contracted security.
- Attend quarterly Night Staff meeting with Night Manager/Rooms Manager/Managing Director.
- Accounting background preferred, but not required.
- Ability to operate personal computer, cash register and calculator.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Telephone and guest relations etiquette and skills.
- Moderate hearing required to communicate with guests.
- Excellent vision required for viewing of computer screens.
- Excellent speech communication skills required to communicate with guests over the telephone.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required for reading daily reports, numbers, etc.
- Ability to lift files/papers up to 5 lbs. 50% of time. May lift luggage up to 50 lbs.
- No bending/kneeling required.
- Mobility - ability to move between front desk, PBX and accounting and various other areas in the hotel, 15-20% of time.
- No continuous standing, climbing or driving required.
- Personal computer, telephone, cash register, calculator - approximately 90-95% of time.
- Work inside 90% of 8 hours.
- Must pass a background check.
- High school education or equivalent experience.
Posting ID: 572926059Posted: 2020-09-16