RT is hiring an HR Operations Director for our growing organization.
The HR Operations Director will be responsible for managing the logistics for HRIS system, payroll and benefits. This individual will drive the post implementation strategy for the Workday system in the HRMS for the organization which includes both the Applicant Tracking as well as employee data and reporting capability. The role will ensure system optimization to deliver a best practice experience to Restaurant Technologies team members.
Data and reporting compliance will be key focus areas for this role, including HR regulatory requirements, payroll and benefits administration.
This is a people-leader role which will direct and guide team members responsible for these functions to ensure that deadlines, content and execution is managed appropriately. Development of talent within the team is also an area of focus to continue to promote learning and enhance the competitive positioning of our organization and growth strategies.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the key functions of HRIS, payroll and benefits administration with a medium sized private company with operations across the United States. A proven track record of compliance with this size of organization is requisite. Key to success in this role is a strong orientation to managing processes and ability to design and deliver a systemic approach in HR Operations based on both short and long-term business strategies.
- Design and deliver a strategy for HR Operations that aligns with the business objectives of the organization, ensuring that all compliance requirements are met and timelines are managed to meet regulatory obligations. Promote a culture of high performance within the team and across the organization by modeling best practices within the discipline to promote success, accountability, transparency and collaboration.
- Communicate openly with the CPO, members of the leadership team as well as key partners within the various functions of HR, finance, legal and sales to identify business strategies to deliver excellent employee experiences that are best in class.
- Leverage existing resources and creatively identify alternative options for service delivery to enhance the HR Operations function. Develop a collaborative team environment to build capability and promote a stellar experience.
- Drive core processes and identify strategic projects to promote capability in data management, HR analytics/reporting capability, system optimization and data integrity to ensure that key leaders have access to business-critical information to make informed decisions.
- Ensure Workday HRIS Technology system is maintained to ensure accurate data, vendors are managed with integrations functioning accurately, and system is optimized to leverage full capabilities to meet the needs of the business. Direct system updates, enhancements and guide annual HR processes administered through Workday in partnership with the respective HR teams.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll and benefits functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, benefits deductions methodologies and payroll taxes. Provide leadership and oversight of payroll processes for all employees on bi-weekly basis, including the respective withholdings including garnishments, taxes, standard deductions, etc. Knowledgeable on payroll and benefit administration practices and obligations within the geographies that we operate to ensure that our practices meet federal, various state and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- In partnership with CPO, manage employee benefit programs and vendors, including insurance broker relationship. Ensure regulatory reporting, quality of system integrations for benefits with payroll such as 401(k) match, 401(k) loans, HSA, FSA funding, and COBRA eligibility. Lead the benefits administration function providing ongoing employee support in areas of new hire benefit enrollments, benefit changes/qualifying events, promoting benefit literacy through a variety of learning events.
- Proactively manage resources to ensure that compliance requirements are met and key deliverables are managed proactively. Critical to the success of this role is an exceptional payroll and benefits administration practice that meets all compliance requirements, delivers accurate payroll to employees on a timely basis and exceptional customer service should inquiries arise. Manage all regulatory reporting requirements with a business our size and complexity. Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors. Direct year-end reporting and routine audit processes to ensure compliance.
- Manage the AskHR Service Desk to ensure that appropriate response rates and service level expectations are met for employee inquiries.
- Perform human capital analytics and reporting solutions; systems must proactively inform business decisions and improve outcomes such as month end and turnover/retention stats. Partner with RT support functions, such as IT and Finance, to maintain consistent data management philosophy.
- Employee Engagement: Manage the annual employee engagement process from design, survey to distributing the results and working through the action planning phase with management.
- External Recognition: Identify and lead the application process for "Best Places to Work" to be progressive on the reputation management for the organization.
- Plan, budget and forecast HR Operations team needs and applications enhancements. Maintain awareness of vendor plans and the potential impact of those plans on current and future Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS) functionality. Review impending business issues that will have a direct impact on the HRMS and provide the CPO with an assessment of the HRMS impact, scheduling considerations and other information required for a complete business case.
- Develop team competence by continually driving a culture of learning and service excellence by providing educational and experiential learning experiences.
- Mentor and guide the Operations team members in payroll, benefits administration and regulatory reporting to ensure that the processes and systems meet our high standards and are aligned to policies.
- Partner with IT, Legal, HR and finance on HRIS and related systems, protocols, capabilities, and upgrades.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail. Ability to self-audit to prevent errors and promote this skill within the team.
- Identify external resource requirements and interact with vendors and external partners to create and maintain relationships and negotiate contracts.
- Partner with Legal to ensure compliance & mitigate organizational risks; proactively inform of any suspected infractions or regulatory exceptions.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet tight deadlines and manage limited resources in a dynamic operating environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to troubleshoot system and operational issues to determine root-cause and remedy issue recurrence.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to travel estimated at 15% on domestic destinations.
Culture and Development
- Build capabilities where needed to ensure alignment with the Company's overall direction. Must be able to successfully operate in an organization that operates corporately, functionally, and at the divisional level. Comfortable with a blend of direct and matrix reporting.
- Develop relationships with the employees of RT and become someone who is sought for advice and counsel on HR, payroll and benefits issues.
- Partner with managers to address concerns and complaints to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with local labor regulations and practices.
- Proactively coach and mentor colleagues to share knowledge and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic organization.
- Mediate employee relations and performance issues within the team to promote our high-performance culture.
Strong business acumen, a high level of functional knowledge within the discipline, and an exceptional ability to lead a team of accomplished professionals in a dynamic industry. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 8+ years of diverse HR Operations experience. The HR Operations Director will require exceptional communication/facilitation and trouble-solving skills. Experience in a variety of roles both within as well as outside of HR will be considered a plus.
- Experience operating in a fast growth and dynamically changing environment preferred.
- Expertise in Workday - day to day operations along with implementing and enhancing ATS and LMS modules.
- Knowledgeable on benefits administration practices, especially as it relates to payroll interface and compliance requirements.
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Confident, savvy, well prepared individual with the ability to adapt quickly and advance the goals of the organization across all levels.
- Experience with M&A including the integration of new businesses in a seamless payroll and benefits experience.
- Excellent communications skills - written, verbal and interpersonal. Ability to present information to large groups of individuals.
- Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions and right sizing them to the needs of a fluid and fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Results-driven, agile, change agent with the commitment and confidence to navigate a leadership role in an evolving complex environment.
- Ability to drive business initiatives with limited resources and possess a "roll-up your sleeves" attitude to achieve desired results.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Agility and flexibility to quickly adapt to changing business dynamics.
- A consummate leader who puts the interests of the broader team and the Company's goals ahead of their own personal agenda.
- Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results.
- Empathetic and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions focused and results oriented.
- Passionate about the mission of RT, enthused by the challenges confronting the organization, and dedicated to achieving its goal.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline required or experiential equivalent of 8+ years of experience in a managerial capacity.
- Relevant certification within the payroll, benefits or project management disciplines preferred.
A competitive total compensation package will be offered to the final candidate including an annual target compensation figure (base salary and annual target bonus)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Thank you for your interest in a position with Restaurant Technologies. The next step is to submit your application. This process will take an average of 20 minutes to complete. We look forward to connecting with you! Not ready to apply just yet? Please like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to stay connected!
WHO WE ARE
Restaurant Technologies is the leading provider of highly innovative and value-enhancing bulk cooking oil management services to the food service industry. Our solution is environmentally sound, highly efficient and creates a safer, more productive work environment for restaurant personnel.With over 20,000 existing accounts we are an established, profitable mid -sized company poised for double-digit growth in the coming year. We are headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota with a growing number of sites strategically located across the U.S. serving over 42 metropolitan markets.
At Restaurant Technologies, we've cultivated an award winning workplace for driven team members who enjoy a fast pace and rapid growth balanced by a flexible and supportive environment. We've earned recognition as a "Best Place to Work," by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal along with The Minnesota Work Life Champions Award while consistently earning a spot on the list of Minnesota's Fastest Growing Companies. In addition, we've earned numerous awards from our customer base who consider Restaurant Technologies avalued strategic partner.
We serve the leaders in the food service industry which include -McDonald's, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Albertsons, White Castle, KFC, Carrabba's, Applebee's, Chili's, and leading independent restaurants.
Restaurant Technologies is the leading provider of innovative and environmentally sound cooking oil management and back-of-house hood and flue cleaning solutions, serving over 25,000 satisfied customers.
Join our award winning workplace, where a fast pace and rapid growth are balanced by a flexible and support environment to drive team members to succeed every day. We are headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota with a growing number of sites strategically located across the U.S.. Currently serving over 40 metropolitan markets.
Curious about working here? Click on the links below