The produce manager will effectively direct and supervise all activities of the produce department and its personnel to achieve sales, merchandising and customer service goals established for the department.Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Directing produce department personnel, meeting department's goals and objectives
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Communicating directly with the store director and produce specialist and director.
- Ordering produce merchandise and supplies necessary to maintain adequate stock levels.
- Merchandising fruits, vegetables, and produce products in accordance with produce merchandising standards.
- Building attractive displays of produce, while maintaining proper product inventory levels.
- Observing all store rules and company policies directing all team members to do the same.
- Communicating, executing and supporting all sales and merchandising initiatives.
- Serving as the leader of his/her department, a role model, coach, performance evaluator and trainer.
- Creating department budgets and tracking financial reports (e.g. profit/loss, sales and expenses).
- Achieving department sales and profits goals; and controlling department labor, inventory, product out of stocks and shrink, sanitation, supplies, equipment, safety, and scheduling.
- Ensuring department compliance with heath department and weights and measures requirements.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Unloading trailers, receiving merchandise verifying orders, breaking down produce loads, positioning cases of product in the produce warehouse or walk-in cooler.
- Understanding proper product trimming, rotation, culling, crisping and watering techniques and procedures, ensuring product attractiveness and shelf life.
- Understanding the importance of monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement and the proper use of product shelf tags and signage.
- Keeping clean neat and orderly work and storage areas, including a well swept produce department.
- Attentively stocking dated perishable products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least18 yearsold.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer. Ability to:
- Lead others within the produce department, following and setting goals and objectives, acknowledging member performance and holding the team accountable for their performance.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly/efficiently to accomplish assigned duties, ensuring all team members do the same.
- Consistently merchandise quality fruits, vegetables, and packaged produce products.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, business forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Learn a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and produce products and various families of produce.
- Learn the uses and cooking methods of fruits, vegetables and produce products merchandised.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to fill and rotate products quickly and use necessary equipment, including knives, wrappers and scales.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 30 - 40 lbs.
- Lift and maneuver up to 100 lbs and break down large and very heavy pallet loads of produce cases, boxes and bags.
- Operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Often work in walk-in refrigerated coolers.
- Work with all sorts of vegetables and fruits, spices, nuts, flavorings, sauces and oils.
Posting ID: 562509057Posted: 2020-08-07