The Director of Marketing coordinates with the external marketing agency to oversee the development and execution of the property's marketing plan. Responsible for the overall direction and management of all marketing activities including player development, casino services, host services, entertainment, transportation services, and customer database.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable Tribal, Federal and other laws and gaming regulations and Kickapoo Lucky Eagle policies and procedures.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of guest services by properly listening and responding to guest and team member concerns and questions.
- Directs all marketing functions and programs, including but not limited to advertising, promotions, player development, entertainment and transportation.
- Responsible for obtaining a deep knowledge of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to department positons and processes not outlined in SOPs.
- Responsible for developing processes that support staff and cost efficiency and maximize guest service levels including ensuring those processes are documented in SOPs and adhered to by team members via regular documented audits and discussions.
- Manages all marketing, advertising and public relations activities through internal efforts and works closely with external agencies and vendors. Ensures that these projects are successfully organized, progress is documented and they are executed via a central project management system that the team is held accountable for using.
- Provides feedback and approvals for all property creative and production.
- Ensures high quality, through and timely team member communication for all marketing efforts for maximum guest services levels and staffing efficiency.
- Responsible for the effective planning, implementation, communication, management and execution of all casino promotions and special events, including pro and post-forma reporting on profitability. Also oversees guest research activities, including surveys and other feedback measurement tools.
- Develops, implements and maintains a targeted casino customer base, establishing effective player segmentation strategies and standards as well as developing policies and procedures for the accomplishment of objectives.
- Manages relationship marketing and player development strategies, including objectives and tactics linked to on-going performance assessments. Identifies and implements strategies for targeted direct marketing. Conducts feasible database analysis to plans and execute player development strategies focused on identifying and nurturing new players with development potential.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels in the Marketing department by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, promoting, disciplining and terminating as needed.
- Monitors and ensures expenses remain within operational projections. Manage effective controls over all marketing results and adhere to approved budgets. This includes ensuring successful and accurate vendor PO and invoicing tracking management as well as accurate and timely pro and post formas execution for all marketing efforts.
- Provides direction to individuals directly reporting to this position in accordance with the organizational chart of the company. Serves a member of the executive management team, attends scheduled meetings, and provides information and status reports concerning areas of responsibility to internal and external management staff.
- Responsible for overseeing implementation mechanisms to monitor progress; implement processes for the department and oversee the development and execution of the department's budget.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the Marketing department, by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with the members of the Marketing team.
- Attends, and satisfactorily completes all required training as assigned and required.
- Manages and maintains security of confidential information entrusted to position.
- Ensures deadlines and budgets are met for all projects and that the team provides vendors with the necessary information to execute requested services by the dates needed.
- Ensures the team is performing at the highest level possible by providing clear expectations and responsibilities and holding them accountable for meeting goals outlined.
- Manage and maintain security of confidential information entrusted to position.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required training as assigned.
- Monitor compliance with Federal currency transaction reporting requirements, Title 31 requirements and IRS Currency Transaction Reports and property established Anti-Money Laundering policies. Maintain accurate MTL, MIL, CTR and SAR as needed.
- The essential functions listed above are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities pertinent to this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements to Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and at least five (5) years' experience in casino/resort marketing or at least five (5) years of experience as a Director of Marketing in a tribal casino.
- Most recent or current position as Director of Marketing at a tribal or commercial casino.
- Ability to utilize budget, financial and vendor management strategies and techniques.
- Experience using staff and business volume scheduling planning.
- Experience using project management approaches and software systems.
- Extensive knowledge of direct mail, marketing analytics, digital marketing, advertising, sales, promotions, public relations, special event planning and execution, players' club operational strategies, player development, and casino promotions.
- Strong communication skills in English both written and oral. Spanish or other language skills a plus.
Qualified Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Members and qualified Native American preference is observed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with the General Manager, Directors, Managers and all staff.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to have strong critical thinking, analytical and guest service skills.
- Must possess a positive attitude with strong organizational and leadership qualities.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Ability to understand complex instructions and material.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers of all levels.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and demonstrate leadership and team building skills with empathy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to follow and comply with established Casino guest service programs.
- While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, bend for extended periods; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen on a regular basis.
- The team member must be able to concentrate for prolonged periods.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The team member must be able to communicate effectively in person or using telecommunications equipment.
- The team member must have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, touch-screen display, telephone and calculator.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Normal office setting and casino floor.
- Frequent walking and standing in a smoke filled environment and frequent contact with the general public.
- Temperature controlled environment with varying noise levels. May be exposed to high levels of noise throughout the day.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform under pressure and work long hours under stressful conditions.
- May be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests and extremely irate staff members.
- May be exposed to various types of lighting including, but not limited to: artificial fluorescent lights, flashing lights, strobe lights, multiple colored lights, etc.
- Travel may be required to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to obtain and retain a KTTT Gaming Commission License, including successful completion of background check necessary to obtain and maintain license. Responsible to keep all documents current and valid at all times.
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to commute to and from work.
- Must comply with KLEC handbook, internal policy and procedures, and gaming regulations set within KLEC.
Posting ID: 602332434Posted: 2021-01-27