This position is a Dialysis Assistant Nurse Director, reporting up to the Senior Nurse Director of centralized service.
Masters in Nursing preferredJob Location:
Boston, MAReq ID:
Provides leadership in the provision of nursing services to actively coordinate and triage patient care and clinical processes between all disciplines. Acts as a liaison between multiple departments. Supports the implementation and evaluation of quality nursing care to patients and families, under the direction of the Nursing Director.Essential Responsibilities:
- Manages and assesses the day to day operations of the department including: patient volume and level of acuity, critical care needs, hospital throughput, staff and physician concerns. Takes appropriate action to address outstanding issues.
- Provides clinical consultation to nurses or directs them to other resources.
- Communicates and interprets changes in nursing practice activities and standards of care, including competency development.
- Collaborates and communicates with other clinical staff to assure seamless progression of care to meet patient care needs.
- Under the guidance of the nursing director manages the hiring for RNs and support staff; completes annual reviews for RNs and support staff; oversees staff scheduling/ staffing and payroll, begins initial counseling for practice issues.
- Participates/ actively contributes in Faculty Hours and other quality and safety departmental initiatives.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has authority to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: None
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required. Master's degree in Nursing preferred.
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Demonstrated Leadership
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
Age based Competencies:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set direction and vision for major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Posting ID: 589999317Posted: 2020-11-30