Respiratory Therapist Including Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab Services
This position contributes to the fulfillment of Thayer County Health Services vision and mission by exercising appropriate healthcare judgment based on knowledge, skills and understanding in respiratory therapy, cardiac and pulmonary rehab situations, participates in planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care in these areas, and is involved in a quality assurance program to provide optimal patient care.
SUPERVISION: Reports to Director of Rehab
SHIFT: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Days
· Registration and current RRT, CRT, or RCP license in the state where employed
· Certified in ACLS (advanced cardiac life support), BLS (Basic Life Support) and Neonatal resuscitation Program (NRP)
· Schedules and treats cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation patients per nationally recommended guidelines.
· Perform different types of respiratory treatment such as: Humidity and aerosol therapy, incentive spirometry and chest physiotherapy, resuscitation, suction and oxygen therapy, deliveries and nursery, Holter monitor, pulmonary function testing, Meter dose inhaler teaching, Arterial blood gases, to operate and help maintain respiratory equipment, schedule and assist with sleep studies, assists with setup of noninvasive positive pressure ventilation equipment.
· Provides patient and family education regarding respiratory therapy, cardiac and pulmonary rehab procedures.
· Administers proper charges associated with the services performed and medications administered.
· Follows physician’s orders, reviews patient information to make appropriate clinical judgments
· Work with medical director to ensure treatment plan for patient is appropriate and ensures compliance of program is met.
· Assist with education and supervision of nursing for proper usage of oxygen apparatus.
· Perform various cardiac stress testing and diagnostic procedures per provider orders.
· Perform pulmonary function testing per provider orders.
· Attends Quality Improvement meetings and Compliance meetings as scheduled and inputs data into facility event reporting system.
· Coordinate and attach ambulatory cardiac monitoring devices.
· Maintains complete and accurate records.
· Maintains skill and knowledge level of current practices in the field of respiratory therapy, cardiac rehab and pulmonary rehab.
· Perform other duties applicable to and within a respiratory therapist’s scope of practice.
· Recognizes and has a commitment to meet the ethical, moral and legal obligations of nursing.
· Maintains and promotes good health practices.
· Will conform to TCHS procedures and policies.
· Will perform all duties as described by the job description within the scope of licensure.
· Maintains current professional license in accordance with state law.
· Provides leadership in medical concerns in the absence of the physician.
· Does not discuss patient matters such as medical treatment, diagnosis or history outside of the clinical setting in; keeping in compliance of HIPAA.
· Understand and comply with the requirements of Thayer County Health Services’ Compliance Program, including, but not limited to, the Code of Conduct, the Compliance Manual. All supporting policies for compliance and compliance plans.
· Participate in all education and training programs regarding compliance as required by organizational policy and as requested by supervisor.
· Demonstrates AIDET with patients, visitor and TCHS staff.
· In the event a resignation occurs provides a four week notice of resignation to remain in good employment standing.
· Willingly accepts new responsibilities and cooperates with implementation of change.
Dresses in a neat, clean uniform for patient care; maintains high personal hygiene standards.
· Indoor, smoke free, patient care environment.
· Frequent contact with bio hazardous materials and communicable diseases.
· Health care workers who prepare or administer hazardous drugs or who work in areas where these drugs are used may be exposed to these agents in the air or on work surfaces, contaminated clothing, medical equipment, patient excreta, and other surfaces. Studies have associated workplace exposures to hazardous drugs with health effects such as skin rashes and adverse reproductive outcomes (including infertility, spontaneous abortions, and congenital malformations) and possibly leukemia and other cancers. The health risk is influenced by the extent of the exposure and the potency and toxicity of the hazardous drug. Due to these risks, all pharmacy staff are required to be fitted annually for a filtered respirator.
Please contact us today for immediate consideration.