Have you ever dreamed of making an impact? How about serving your community, State, and Nation? As a Military Police Officer for the Army National Guard, you’ll do all of these things by protecting, defending, and upholding the law.
MPs support battlefield operations through circulation control, providing area security, conducting prisoner of war operations, supervising civilian internee operations, and carrying out law and order operations. MPs also support the peacetime Army community by protecting critical resources, implementing crime prevention programs, and preserving law and order.
• Law enforcement patrols
• Interview witnesses, victims, and suspects in investigations
• Crime scene security and processing
• Arrest and charge criminal suspects
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Basic warrior skills and use of firearms
• Military/civil laws and jurisdiction
• Investigating and collecting evidence
• Traffic and crowd control
• Arrest and restraint of suspects
• Interest in law enforcement
• Ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to remain calm under heavy duress
• Ability to interact well with people
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience necessary to enjoy a civilian career in police forces and security firms.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Military Police consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 20 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT) and on-the-job instruction, including practice in police methods. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.