Director of Nursing for Skilled Nursing Community
Come find out why LSMNJ was voted for the 2nd year in a row as a "Great Place to Work"!
Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God's love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Villa, the newest senior care community of LSMNJ, located in desirable Florham Park, is currently seeking a Director of Nursing!
This position is full-time offering competitive compensation, a robust benefit package and generous paid time off.
General Responsibilities: Responsible for the management, supervision and delivery of clinical care services for all residents/patients.
- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God's love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements and evaluates all nursing services for residents/patients ensuring the highest standard of care.
- Effectively oversees and supervises all nursing personnel to ensure delivery of service is clinically appropriate.
- Maintains expenses within the budget guidelines of nursing services. Prepared budget for Administrator approval.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels within budget guidelines to ensure the highest quality of care delivery. Maintain supplies within budget guildelines to ensure needs are met.
- Monitors with daily rounds to ensure that all nursing services are being delivered in a professional manner according to policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the approval of all admissions meeting clinical criteria for appropriate admission.
- Effectively maintains all medical records pursuant to the laws of New Jersey.
- Provides direct nursing care when necessary.
- Ensures that all personnel involved in providing resident care meet resident rights for all resident/patients.
- Administers and oversees all disciplinary action within the Nursing Department.
- Effectively produces annual performance reviews that are accurate and maintained timely with current active credentials for each job requirement.
- Reports and investigates all incidents/accidents per DOH regulations and LSMNJ Nursing policy.
- Effectively manages and maintains infection control standards, safety regulations and sanitation standards.
- Effectively maintains an active QI program for the Nursing Department that coordinates with the overall LCM QI program.
- Ensures all State and Federal regulations are met.
- Meets all assigned deadlines as assigned by Administrator, attends all meetings/programs as directed by Administrator. Alerts Administrator to potential issues or problems.
- Maintains appropriate attendance adhering to supervisory requirements as directed by Administrator.
- Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
- Adheres to the Organization's Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
- Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
- Adheres to the Organization's Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Experience and Skills:
Education/Training/Certifications: Graduate of accredited School of Professional Nursing
Skill(s): Effective communication skills, computer skills.
Experience: Current, unencumbered active Registered Nurse License in State of New Jersey. Five years experience in nursing supervision and/or nursing administration.
LSMNJ is an equal opportunity employer.
Medical Insurance (choose 1 of 4 options customized to your individual healthcare needs)
Critical Care & Accident Coverage
NJM Auto and Home Insurance
403(b) Retirement Savings offering an 8% company paid match!
And much more.....
If you are having difficulties with the application process, please click here