Job Description:Job DescriptionAre You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelez International?Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
You will optimise sales with our customers through the instore activations of our products, promotions and displays. You will deliver our field KPIs and annual objectives.How you will contribute
What you will bring
- Represent Mondelez International by visiting stores according to the agreed planning cycle.
- Monitor shelf and assortment.
- Expose campaigns and search for best locations in stores.
- Perform required administrative tasks.
- Optimise the use of our point-of-sales material.
- Be the customer's first choice of supplier.
- Create exposure in stores.
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Previous merchandising experience (preferred)
- Confident with good interpersonal skills
- Self motivated with a drive to achieve set goals
- Computer literate with good verbal and written communication skills
Primary location: Hackensack, NJ
Secondary locations: New Milford, Dumont, Emerson, Paramus, Fairlawn, Midland Park
Disclaimer: To be considered for this position, you must live within 25 miles range from the primary location.
Hourly compensation fixed rate: $16.00, subject to relevant experience
Schedule: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
Disclaimer: To be considered for this position, you must have the flexibility to adjust to the established schedule.
The role of the Mondelez International Sales Service Representative (Merchandiser) is to build a world-class Direct Store Delivery (DSD) business at the retail level. Sales Service Representatives (Merchandisers) fulfill the merchandising needs of our grocery-related customers through stocking the shelves and building and maintaining displays. We service nationally recognized customers such as Walmart, Kroger and Target, as well as regional customers. As a Sales Service Representative (Merchandiser) for our company, you are primarily, though not exclusively, merchandising Nabisco specific brands. This includes physically moving products from the backrooms of our customer stores and then stocking the product on the shelf. Areas of focus will include stocking to ensure full-shelf conditions, neatly-merchandising displays and shelves, building display point-of-sale in all areas of the store, properly-rotating product on the shelf, and creating and hanging accurate price tags / point-of-sale in all departments.
A major objective of this role is to establish and maintain clear and effective communication with key store individuals and fellow Mondelez team members, while providing outstanding customer service. This role will be responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate merchandising service schedule, which includes driving to multiple customer stores throughout the shift. This role is also responsible for identifying and communicating individual store opportunities to the appropriate Mondelez International personnel.
Benefits and Compensation:
The FULL-TIME Sales Service Representative position offers a comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefit package, Employee Assistance Program, paid vacation and holidays. Along with a competitive hourly compensation rate, the role also offers work related mileage reimbursement and eligibility to participate in an incentive program.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Effective communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Selling and Inventory Management: Fully using sales, order management systems and technologies to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Promotions/Merchandising: Identifying opportunities to use promotional and merchandising techniques to develop and support customer relations.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, Internet and Cellular/Wireless devices)
- Ability to perform hard work in a fast-paced work environment and to meet the defined physical activities, which include:
- Repetitive lifting (from floor to waist, chest high and above), bending, and carrying up to 25 lbs., occasionally over 50 lbs., pushing & pulling over 100+ lbs., etc., occasional ladder use, while adhering to established safety expectations and processes
- Ability to stand and stock shelves, using repetitive hand/arm motions throughout the entire shift
- Unpacking Nabisco product consisting of 100 cases or more
Business Unit SummaryThe United States is the largest market in the Mondelez International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands-including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products -are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
- Experience utilizing hand pallet jack and pushing/pulling U-Boat carts is preferred
- Previous retail / grocery experience is a plus, as well as work that has included repetitive physical activities (lifting, bending, reaching, carrying, pushing and pulling)
- Ability to drive your personal vehicle to a variety of store locations (mileage will be reimbursed)
- A flexible work schedule is required, including being available to work weekends and holidays
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- You must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance
- Successful completion of a drug test, MVR check, and general background check
Mondelez Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.Job Type