Wahlburgers at Hy-Vee Revision Date
: 05/2020General Function
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly guest service. Handles food, equipment, and materials in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.Reporting Relations
Accountable and Reports to: Food Service Director, Kitchen Manager
Direct Reports: NonePrimary Duties and Responsibilities
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly guest service by exhibiting care, concern and patience in all guest interactions and treating guests as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whenever wearing the Wahlburgers uniform.
- Makes an effort to learn guests' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure guest satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Handles food, equipment, and materials in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Washes dishes following sanitation guidelines.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
- Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and follows a production list.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis.
- Prepares and replenishes product as necessary.
- Pulls product from cooler/freezer to prepare for cooking.
- Assists checking in product and puts product away.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Education and Experience
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
No education requirement. 0-2 years of similar or related work experiencePhysical Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing
This position is frequently exposed to temperature extremes and dampness. There is exposure to noise, equipment movement hazards, cleaning chemicals/solvents, temperature extremes and possible electrical shock. This is a fast paced work environment.Equipment Used to Perform Job
Standard tools and equipment used in a kitchen environment including disposal, trash compactor, slicer, grill, fryer, dishwasher, ovens, stovetop, and knives.Financial Responsibility
Responsible for company assets including equipment and merchandise. Contacts
Has daily contact with the general public and customers. Has contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Posting ID: 567183590Posted: 2020-08-08