This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision, and Values, on behalf of Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois. The Warehouse Material Handler functions include loading and unloading containers or pallets, sorting various materials, packing and/or shipment preparation, unpacking, warehouse handling, and use of material handling equipment.
The responsibilities, work schedule, qualifications, physical demands and work environment summarized here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Transports materials via the use of a pallet jack
- Loads and operates baling machine
- Sorts or dispose of metals for recycling
- Organize and stack recycled materials from community donations
- Prepares baled merchandise with final control standards
- Complete documentation as required
- Performs preventative maintenance checks
- Operates and performs garbage disposal tasks
- Carry, dolly, or move items with material handling equipment to and from vehicles and containers.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety standards
- Participate in meetings and trainings, as necessary.
- Stays abreast of company procedures by successfully passing all quizzes.
- Maintains Goodwill dress code requirements and adherence to scheduling.
- In addition to the general qualifications listed above, physical demands for this position will include
- regular use of a pallet jack, double stacker or other heavy equipment.
- Adherence to all safety standards.
- Minimum two years of high school.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work in a safety sensitive work space and position.
- Must be able to successfully pass a physical/fitness/lift test.
- Related experience and/or training a plus. Forklift experience a plus.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification may be required. The training will be offered by Goodwill.
- Commitment to continued learning and engaged participation in mandatory trainings offered by Goodwill.
- Able to perform repetitive tasks independently.
- Ability to move independently or with reasonable accommodation within the facility and community.
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform all requirements of the job.
- Able to stand, stoop, bend, twist or carry for extended periods.
- Able to lift 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Frequently walking or standing to a significant degree, with a degree of pushing or pulling.
- Tolerance of extreme changes in temperature and humidity. Frequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
- good reading, writing and math skills relative to the role.
- Team player, solid work ethic and adherence to procedures and protocol, including adherence to the Goodwill’s principles.
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work, including safety awareness. Good time-management skills.
- Must be able to bend, stand, stretch, grip, type and carry for long periods of time. Position requires carrying items in excess of 50 pounds and up to 100 pounds.
An individual must be able to be work a flexible or irregular schedule. Must be able to work weekends and holidays as scheduled.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee is frequently pushing, pulling, bending, reaching and lifting to 50lbs and carrying up to 100lbs frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.) This is a fast paced, outdoor position. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform their designated role satisfactorily.
Goodwill Industries of Central IL Benefits Opportunities:
- Holiday Pay Opportunities
- Safe Harbor 401(k) – match of up to 5% by Goodwill.
- Available Life insurance plans
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Annual performance review
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To learn more about our Mission and Values, please go to www.goodwillpeo.org. Goodwill Industries of Central IL is EEO Employer