Join Our Team: Work to Live - not the other way around Overview:
Elderwood at Liverpool is searching for skilled & responsible full time, night shift, Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor to aide our very busy 160-bed Skilled Nursing facility in Liverpool, NY. We are in growth mode and recently completed a beautiful renovation our facility including investing in new state of the art equipment for our nursing staff! We offer increased RN salaries, comprehensive benefits and an extensive orientation & training program to ensure you have all the tools you need to succeed.
Perks of the Joining Elderwood:
- Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility
- Large Shift differentials for night shifts
- Top Notch Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous PTO & holiday package
- 401K Retirement plan with company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Consistent work and holiday rotations to provide you with a great work/life balance
- Comprehensive nurses training locally as well at our beautiful Training Center in Buffalo, NY.
- Substantial Employee Referral program
- Free On-Site Parking
- Friendly, Supportive Staff
- Quiet Suburban Neighborhood
- Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment
- Relaxing employee lounge with free iced/hot coffee
- Monthly employee appreciation events
- Employee of the month recognition
- Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse nursing team
- Truly make a difference in our resident's lives while providing top notch care
- Just 10 minutes from Syracuse
Elderwood is a strong and growing company that is truly invested in its employees. We just recently increased our wages and offer an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision coverage, paid vacations and holidays, an Education and Tuition Assistance Program and much more. Elderwood has a large continuum of care and is proud to say Elderwood at Liverpool has been providing top notch care at their location for 34 years!
What our RN Supervisors Do:
The RN Shift Supervisor team member will assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by being responsible for nursing care rendered at the facility during evening or night shifts; supervision of nursing personnel of each unit; and other additional duties assigned by the Director of Nursing Services.
- Responsible for responding immediately to residents' requests
- Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this position, and for all staff members of this facility.
- Exhibits the highest level of customer services toward residents, staff and visitors.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as re-prioritizing work as necessary.
- Supervise nursing care services and staff on all units while on duty.
- Conduct periodic rounds of all nursing units, providing input for the nursing care of residents, acts as a nurse resource person for all nursing units and ensures that high standards of care are being provided.
- Assist with problem-solving related to staffing, supplies and resident care.
- Actively promotes facility safety programs.
- Performs all position duties according to safety rules and standards of practice required for this position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
- Maintain safe conditions for residents and staff and serves as employee in charge of building after normal working hours
- May assume responsibility as the Infection Preventionist Nurse:
- Responsible for completion of required Infection Preventionist Training as directed.
- Maintain records of infections occurring in residents and prepares infection control
- Assume responsibility for nursing services in the absence of the Assistant Director of Nursing Services and/or Director of Nursing Services:
- Notify Director of Nursing Services/Administrator of any significant events related to residents, visitors, staff or any other disruption to facility services.
- Actively participates in the complaint/grievance resolution process by completing requested
investigative process and documenting findings in a thorough, timely and concise manner
What it takes to be a RN Supervisor:
Possession of a State license and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse required.
- Minimum of two (2) year's nursing experience, and at least one (1) year of experience in a nursing leadership role; experience in geriatric nursing required.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred.
- Ability to utilize creative problem-solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
- Ability required to supervise departmental staff effectively and ensure high standards of care are maintained.
- Previous experience in nursing education and/or in-service training preferred.
- Ability to relate well to geriatric residents; respectful and caring attitude towards residents required.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.