We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Scrum Master in our in our Optum Behavioral Health Technology division. You can make a difference by helping drive solutions that help increase member and customer satisfaction and company success. You will work with the best and the brightest partnering with technology and business leaders who are working to meet the dynamic needs of the health care market. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the agile delivery at the team level and for the successful execution of one or two teams to support the delivery of strategic technology products. This role will provide leadership, direction, and coaching to the team(s) to encourage adoption of agile principles and practices, avoiding anti-patterns, and will empower the team to become self-directed and self-managing.
The Scrum Master will facilitate execution without coercion, assigning, or dictating work and will remove impediments, or assist the team in doing so, to allow the team to achieve their sprint and/or PI objectives. They will work to establish a trusting and safe team environment where problems can be addressed without blame or judgment with a focus on problem solving, and will foster a "learn by doing" environment. They act as a servant leader, lead by example, and always protect the team.
As the ideal candidate you should be experienced in Agile transformation practices across business, operations and technology, as well as Organizational Change Management practices. with a track record of agile execution success. You should enjoy close collaboration with team members, be able to guide and influence those team members, while recognizing the unique needs of your partners transformation success. You will also be responsible for advancing the standard enterprise methods, practices and tools as needs emerge, as well as assisting with the identification of changes to the enterprise policies and standard to support agile software delivery.
- Act as a Scrum Master for one or more Agile teams within a Release Train/Value Stream
- Establish team level cadence and drive team level ceremonies (e.g. sprint planning, team backlog refinements, team retrospectives, etc.) in alignment with Program level cadences established
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to the team to encourage adoption of good agile practices
- Be a change agent and foster a "learn by doing" environment
- Encourage and facilitate cross-team coordination and collaboration
- Own and remove impediments for the team(s) and escalate as appropriate
- Facilitate management of the scrum team's dependencies between the program team and third parties, release managers, or other scrum teams
- Work cross functionally to align strategy, methodology and execution
- Maintain metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on team-level progress and quality
- Actively contribute to the company's Agile and Lean Community through participation in the internal Agile Community of Practice forums
- Provide real time feedback to the methodology team based on experiences with software delivery teams
- Track and manage project execution in accordance with company's solution delivery and financial management practices
- Manage Agile team financials (actual spend, forecast, and periodic updates to business and financial stakeholders)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of IT experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, Agile Coach, and/or Systems/Business Analyst.
- 1+ years of experience working on mixed methodology program (Scrum interfacing with Waterfall from a dependency perspective)
- 1+ years of experience working on large scale, multiple Scrum team projects
- Experience acting as a Scrum Master for multiple distributed scrum teams
- Experience leading agile/scrum adoption at the team level
- Experience with Agile Management tools (e.g. Agile Central, JIRA, VersionOne)
- Experience artfully applying multiple software development frameworks (e.g. waterfall, iterative, agile) to enable more efficiently delivering software
- Understanding of the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understanding of fundamentals of DevOps, Continuous Delivery & Accept Test Drive Development (ATDD)
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken form
- Industry Certification(s): Agile Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- You will be asked to perform
this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home
temporarily due to space limitations.
- Employees are required to
screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice
Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar
UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work
site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply
with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a
UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in
areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Industry Certification(s): Agile / Scrum, SAFe, Lean Methodology, and/or Project Management
- Lean Methodology Certification(s)
- Healthcare experience
- Experience practically implementing or executing within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Kanban experience
- Ability to lead and influence large matrix teams both on and off-shore
- Experience with DevOps (Acceptance Test Driven Development , Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Service Oriented Architecture)
- Successful in obtaining results in a large corporate (Fortune 200), heavily matrixed environment
- Participation in industry Agile communities of practice
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota