Senior Director, Human Resources - Total Rewards in El Segundo, California | Careers at Aerojet Rocketdyne - El Segundo Skip Branding
- Who We Are
- Contact Us
- Investor Relations
Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in!
Senior Director, Human Resources - Total Rewards
Location US-CA-El Segundo Job ID 15374 Zip 90245 Category Human Resources - HR Manager
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion. Visit our website at www.rocket.com for more information on our company.
Aerojet Rocketdyne seeks a strategic and innovative leader for its Total Rewards programs, with direct experience leading these functions for mid to large public companies. It is important that the new Head of Total Rewards provides strong leadership over the combined compensation, benefits and HRIS teams to help the organization attract, retain, motivate, and reward key talent across the company for years to come.
As a direct report to the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) the successful Senior Director, Total Rewards is in a unique position to support Aerojet Rocketdyne's organic and inorganic growth, business plans, talent strategies and work closely with the company's CHRO, CEO and Compensation Committee as a strategic advisor on all compensation and benefit related matters.
This position will be based at our El Segundo, CA corporate headquarters.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
The Head of Total Rewards will be responsible for the following:
- Full responsibility for the Company's compensation and benefits strategy, plans, programs and activities. This will include leading the planning, design, implementation, communication and delivery of all compensation and benefits programs, including executive compensation, broad-based compensation, equity compensation and all reward related policies.
- Ensure the Company's compensation and benefits programs are best in class, forward-thinking, competitive and support the Company's business strategy by enhancing organizational capability and driving company performance, culture, and employee engagement.
- Drive company-wide total rewards strategy that supports the company's business and talent acquisition strategies to attract a highly-diverse, multi-skilled workforce.
- Engage the Company's Compensation Committee, in partnership with the Chief Human Resources Officer, to discuss new strategies and key decision-making related to executive compensation and new reward programs. Ownership of executive compensation and collaboration with the corporate secretary.
- Develop and execute a national long-term benefits strategy that keeps the company competitive and progressive in all locations and especially within the Defense industry.
- Develop and build influential relationships with key operational business and functional leaders so that strategies reflect the needs of the many constituents at the company.
- Strategically lead the Compensation components of M&A activity around due diligence, retention, assessment, and integration.
- Work closely with Finance leaders to ensure effective decision-making and sound finances are in place for all Compensation and Benefits elements, inclusive of bonus and equity programs.
- Build and lead a strong team of compensation, benefits and HRIS professionals towards common objectives and outcomes that meet the needs of each business and support group across the company. Build a Total Rewards team succession strategy and high performing culture within the team while attracting, motivating and retaining top comp and benefit talent.
- Implement effective communications promoting the value of total rewards to employees and lead the employer value proposition program for Aerojet Rocketdyne.
- Ensure that all Compensation & Benefits programs align to company values and drives the desired employment experience.
- Lead the strategic oversight and deployment of HR systems in partnership with the IT Center of Excellence. Implement effective use of systems, data and analytics for the HR function.
The Senior Director Total Rewards will have very strong experience in executive compensation including equity and incentive design, board preparation and a deep understanding of the regulatory environment. The successful candidate must also have strong presentation and communication skills with a successful track record of working closely with a CEO and Board. He/She has built forward looking total rewards programs that were closely aligned with the company strategy and delivered impact on both, the top and bottom line.
In addition, he/she will have experience in the following areas:
- Leadership for Compensation & Benefits at similar size, or larger, public companies with experience leading the function holistically, including during M&A activity
- Direct experience with Boards of Directors and Compensation Committees
- Strong HRIS experience and knowledge and a track record of leveraging new HR technology while leading a Total Rewards function
- Communicates complex and ambiguous concepts in a simple, straightforward fashion
- Deep expertise of executive compensation and execution, inclusive of working with external consultants and managing through Say-On-Pay impacts
- Proven leadership in driving highly competitive and financially sound Benefits strategies
- ~20 years' experience in senior comp and benefit roles, with at least 10 years leading high performing teams in the compensation, benefit and HRIS areas
- Has a track record of working in cultures that operate with a high degree of integrity
- Leads and influences through collaboration
- Skillfully navigates through complex matrix organizations
- Displays contemporary knowledge of compensation and benefits philosophy, practices, trends and regulations
- Positions compensation strategy in the context of broader HR and Company strategy
- Has a "good eye" for talent and motivates and focuses teams that report both directly and indirectly to her/him
- Has a track record of innovative and creative problem solving and leveraging data and analytics to drive decisions
- Displays the highest level of confidence and judgement
- Experience providing relevant comp and benefit data and trend information to his/her HR partners and business executives to help drive key talent and organizational decisions
An undergraduate degree is required. A Master's degree in Human Resources Management, Business or Finance is preferred.
U.S. Citizenship or other status as a U.S. Person required.
Apply for this job online Apply Share Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started. We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at Accommodation Request.
Software Powered by iCIMS