Company: The Aerospace Corporation
Requisition ID: 54541
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We are seeking an experienced senior security professional to lead our Security and Safety organization. In this fast-paced position, the leader will provide senior leadership in the areas of strategic security and safety planning to achieve ever-evolving business goals; coordinate events which align corporate priorities to security; ensure alignment of security and safety systems, strategies, policies, procedures, and what technologies Aerospace must have in place to remain ahead of the threat. This highly visible and dynamic position includes regular engagement with senior Aerospace leaders and their business teams.
The position will be located in El Segundo, CA and reports the Senior Vice President and Chief Velocity Officer.
• Provides leadership to 120 Security & Safety employees who work throughout our national company and has responsibility for a budget of $8M and management of contracted security providers. Proven track record of building solutions that support a reliable, scalable, enterprise approach
• Lead strategic security, health, safety, classified program security, emergency and crisis management, disaster recovery and business continuity planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing enterprise and organizational initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies. Ensures alignment of security, information protection, and safety system strategies, policies, and processes in compliance with government and corporate directives.
• Accountable for enterprise programs that maintain a safe and healthy work environment and protect staff, information, and corporate laboratories and workplaces nationwide.
• Plan and coordinate with partner organizations to proactively identify, mitigate, and manage security, information protection, and safety risks and collaborate with cross-functional leaders to develop and implement security, information protection, and safety best practices and processes
• Establish and/or strengthen working partnerships with law enforcement, government agencies, corporate customers, third-party vendors, industry partners, and professional organizations.
• Prior experience identifying, analyzing, and justifying present or future enterprise security, safety, information protection, emergency and crisis management, and business continuity/disaster recovery (BC/DR) programs to senior management along with experience designing, implementing and operating these programs at an enterprise level.
• Proven ability to develop and lead implementation and integration of complex, cross-functional initiatives in collaboration with Legal, HR, Facilities, Finance, and IT to achieve security, safety, emergency and crisis management, and BC/DR program goals
• Demonstrated leadership and prior experience in building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring security and safety teams, with a proven track record of delivering projects on schedule and as budgeted • Working knowledge of classified program security, enterprise safety programs, export control, ITAR, cybersecurity and cyber operations, and insider threat programs
• Demonstrated change leadership and change management experience
• Demonstrated ability to transform, enhance, and impact organizational operations, productivity, and efficiency through development and use of digitization, automation, metrics, data/data analytics, and process reengineering to drive continuous improvement
• Experience conducting risk and vulnerability assessments and operational security and safety program design/planning
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and strong business acumen
Travel to Aerospace and customer locations are neeed
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance with SCI access
• Working knowledge of National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), NIST 800-171, and OSHA regulations, including radiation handling
• Prior experience leading and overseeing laboratory and industrial safety programs; ability to influence executive and senior leadership to adopt change management processes and strategies to continually enhance and promote Enterprise safety culture
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI access
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .