Senior Communications and Brand Marketing Manager
Communications - Corporate Communications /
Amyris is looking for an experienced Communications & Marketing PMO & Events Manager to join our growing and dynamic team. Reporting to the SVP, Corporate Communications and Marketing, this role will lead the integration of various initiatives in an end-to-end Marketing & Communications program that will drive business outcomes. The Communications & Events Manager will lead event planning, project scoping efforts, develop work plans and manage resourcing efforts while overseeing the vendors in delivering a quality solution, on time and on budget. The ideal candidate will have the ability to be flexible, proactive and solutions-oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead cross-functional partners in communication, marketing, and events.
- Participate in developing the content strategy for corporate communications
- Manage relationships with third-party agencies, including assisting in the evaluation of vendor capabilities and references all the way through to regular communication to ensure deliverables are met
- Lead the project management of marketing and communications campaigns, including the management of a detailed calendar aligned to key marketing priorities.
- Develop project plans and manage the work breakdown structure, tasks, timing and resources to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Develop project specific tracking information and analyze results.
- Ensure that collateral development meets project timeline.
- Quality control for brand alignment and effectiveness of all communications and marketing content, including but not limited to: website, video, collateral, event and conference materials, and environmental branding.
- Identify risks and pro-actively prepare mitigation plans and solutions to keep projects on track. Communicate roadblocks and mitigation plans to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Research and stay abreast of trends, both consumer behavior and internet behavior, especially as it relates to projects worth pursuing, and share this information back with the marketing and communication team.
- Make recommendations on features & improvements for all of our branded materials, physical and online, to ensure that our brand's visual identity, voice, tone and style are consistent.
- Contribute to strategy setting for disruptive marketing and communications and project manage the execution of the strategies.
- Analyze key metrics regarding social media performance and make recommendations to senior management.
- Be a thought partner to help de-risk or accelerate delivery.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- 5+ years of relevant communications and marketing project management experience
- 2+ years of large-scale and/or innovative event planning experience, managing the end-to-end process
- Solid understanding of the project lifecycle and creative process
- Self-starter, ability to stay focused and thrive in a fast paced, start-up environment. Must demonstrate sound decision- making, proactive risk management and the ability to respond quickly under pressure.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to prioritize competing demands and manage stakeholders accordingly
- Strong project management skills with proven track record of delivering high quality work under tight timelines
- Work well independently and collaboratively with all levels of the organization
- Present data in an actionable and useful way to allow business owners to make decisions
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Meaningful experience with agency/vendor management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Project Management software and tools
- PMP certification is a plus
- Purecane is a revolutionary new brand of natural, zero-calorie, zero glycemic sweetener that tastes great without the chemicals of artificial sweeteners or the aftertaste of stevia.
- With the same passion for a cleaner future that led our scientists to ban over
- 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients from our labs in our skincare products, at Amyris we've made sweet wellness our goal by using the purest most sustainable process - fermentation of sugarcane to create our sweetener.
- We believe that when we make it easy and delicious to enjoy natural zero-calorie sweetness, we are taking care of the future and our planet.
- About Purecane
- Pioneering sustainable sweetness through biotechnology, Amyris created a 100% plant-based sweetener that delivers the sweetest experience without the calories or artificial chemicals. We formulate it with a No Compromise® approach, using only clean ingredients because we are committed to improving the health of people and the planet without sacrificing great taste. The product line will soon expand to include a baking sweetener, formulated to be the best-performing sweetener on the market for baked goods and cooking.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris' molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com .
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants ("Applicants") about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.