Dual role with responsibilities as both retail and receiving clerk. Control Jackson Visitor Center warehouse inventory, including receiving, counting, processing, data entry, and distribution to retail and food units. Provide excellent service in the gift shop, including a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, product presentation, and sales. Complete guest transactions in a friendly, accurate, and efficient manner.
* Participate in the operational duties specific to the unit.
* Monitor arrival, process, and distribute all retail merchandise to and from warehouse.
* Assist guests through friendly interactions, answering questions, and completing sales on register.
* Complete sales in POS in an accurate, efficient and friendly manner.
* Maintain store displays daily through stock rotation, cleaning, and organizing.
* Receive merchandise, supplies, and equipment delivered to the warehouse.
* Maintain receiving records, controls, and inventories. Organize and stock store, set displays.Submit proper accounting records and files to Accounting Department as required.
* Maintain and ensure safe and secure facility environment including standards for loss prevention, maintenance and upkeep of facility's vehicles, equipment, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene.
* Maintain organization and cleanliness of warehouse. Notify the Unit Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
* Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times.
* Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
* Performs such other related duties as directed or required.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
* High School Diploma/GED equivalent preferred.
* National Park gift shop experience preferred.
* At least 3 years of experience in related position required.
* Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
* Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
* Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
* Ability to learn and use retail POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
* Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
* Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
* Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
* Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
* Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
* Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
* Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
* Standard hospitality facility equipment.
* Retail POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal.
* Typical office equipment (phone system, computer, fax, telephone, copier, scanner, among others).
* Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves