Working at Milton Hershey School (MHS) is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve. Every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is currently seeking a full-time Structural Trades Technician II-Furniture Installer to join the team. We are looking for an experienced and skilled technician to perform installations, repairs, corrective & preventive maintenance and inspections on all campus facility residential furniture, commercial office furniture, fixtures & equipment, case goods, wall systems, seating, equipment moving, etc.This position requires proficiency in all structural trade disciplines with a primary focus on furniture, fixtures and equipment. Some of the responsibilities are:
- Delivery, assembly, installation, repair and service of all residential and commercial office furniture, sofas, chairs, mattresses, tables, beds, desks, case-goods, system furniture, office chairs and other system furniture, floor to ceiling, modular, and other systems.
- Installation and repair of window treatments such as blinds, shades, valances, drapery, shutters, and motorized lift systems on commercial or residential job sites.
- Identify the level of repair needed and determines the type of tool, equipment and parts needed to repair items such as upholstery, case goods, mattresses, etc.
We offer our full-time employees generous & comprehensive health and insurance benefits, including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability, etc. Eligible dependents are covered under most plans. The starting salary for this position is $27.20/hour
(plus any shift differential) and after one year probationary period the salary will be increased based on the contract. Bargaining unit position with OPS-464. WORK SCHEDULE:
Monday - Friday full-time flex shift - Current need is from 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- At least 3 years' experience as a commercial furniture installer with experience installing several furniture systems such as Hon, Teknion, Knoll, Hayworth, Herman Miller, Steelcase, etc.
- At least 3 years' experience in upholstery repairs, and able to handle frame, stitching, cleaning aspects of the repair process.
- At least 3 years' experience in the commercial and residential Structural trade field and general knowledge specific to facilities maintenance.
- Prior experience in warehouse or furniture storage facility loading and unloading trucks with heavy lifting.
- Demonstrated skills in proper and safe storage of goods and materials using a high lift fork truck.
- Ability to lift, push or pull equipment/merchandise weighing between 70 pounds and 100 pounds with the proper resources and lifting equipment.
- Valid PA Driver's License in good standing (CDL Preferred, Class B).
- OSHA 10-Hour Training for Construction & General Industry.
- Asbestos Awareness Training.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, particularly the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing demands and ongoing change.
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft applications.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for MHS students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students.
Posting ID: 560652684Posted: 2020-07-07