Join Connexus Energy's leadership team as a supervisor in our electric operations group, overseeing warehouse and fleet departments. In this role you will supervise the day-to-day activities to maximize the quality, timeliness and efficiency of work in a safe manner. This role interacts closely with our electric distribution construction and maintenance staff and is a large contributor to the success of our operations.
Located in Ramsey, MN, Connexus Energy provides electric service to 130,000+ members in a 7-county area north of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota. Our cooperative has received high ranking in service reliability and customer service and is the largest distribution cooperative in MN. You'll love our culture of collaboration and teamwork, focus on serving our members, leading edge technology, and northern suburban office location.
Learn more about what it's like to be an employee here.Key Responsibilities & Results:Fleet repair, maintenance, and inspection
- Establish work schedules and communicate work assignments.
- Schedule repairs and maintenance to reduce downtime of equipment.
- Develop appropriate preventive maintenance and intervals for Fleet vehicles and research new opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and ensure compliance with State, Federal and OSHA requirements.
- Maintain department records utilizing the fleet maintenance software.
- Manage stock/inventory of parts, consumables, and bulk fluids.
- Participate in vendor selection, management, and performance feedback.
Warehouse services/daily operations
- Work with manager to determine appropriate life cycles for Fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Assist in building the Vehicle Replacement Plan, and work with internal customers and vendors to spec out vehicles.
- Ensure compliane with regulatory guidelines and documented specifications.
- Keep updated electronic and paper files for all new vehicles.
- Onboard all new equipment and dispose of used assets.
- Record and maintain records and perform licensing, insurance and registration.
Material management and inventory control
- Provide leadership to warehouse/shipping and receiving staff.
- Oversee processes required to pick material for job boxes, truck stock replenishment, and service counter.
- Train system users on supply chain software functionality and promote the importance of data integrity and accuracy.
- Implement new processes and reporting within Supply Chain to improve performance and data retrieval.
- Determine performance measures to monitor the accuracy and reliability of warehouse stores.
Safety and regulatory compliance
- Maintain a high level of inventory accuracy through cycle count and reconciliation methodology; oversee annual count of truck stock and Service Center inventory material.
- Develop and maintain plan for materials storage in warehouse, yard, and offsite storage locations.
- Keep current on industry trends in warehouse storage, inventory control methods, material requirements and forecasting methods and data retention and retrieval. Initiate process improvements to enhance inventory accuracy and part availability
- Provide guidance to purchasing department on inventory levels, reorder points and safety stocks. Set appropriate inventory levels for expendable materials and create requisitions when needed.
- Ensure safe processes and work procedure.
- Investigate hazards and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop an annual training plan for staff and ensure completion.
- Ensure vehicles comply with DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Conduct the annual vehicle license renewal.
- Submit the fuel tax refund on off-road vehicles.
Required Talents, Skills, Expertise, Education:
- Typical hours are Monday-Friday day hours, but must also be available to provide leadership, as needed, for after-hours support of 24-hour operations for outages and storm events.
Additional Data: The application review process will begin on December 8 and continue until filled. Compensation:
- 4 year degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- 2+ years' experience with people leadership, preferably with operational staff
- The ability to learn and understand programs is a must. Including one or more of the following:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to utilize Microsoft excel for data analysis
- Experience with inventory/MRP software
- Experience using systems to track labor and materials to work orders.
- Experience using fleet maintenance software
- Strong cultural leader with high standard of ethics and business conduct
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain good working relationship both internally and externally
- Ability to react quickly and utilize sound problem-solving techniques
- Excellent organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking
- Ability to train, coach, and engage staff
- Knowledge of business principles and practices, including one or more of the following:
- Development of performance metrics
- Continuous process improvement techniques such as lean and six sigma.
- Forklift certified, or ability to obtain
- Current and valid driver's license
- Valid and current health card, or ability to obtain
- Ability to successfully meet the lifting, carrying and other physical requirements of the job
This position offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Posting ID: 601365735Posted: 2021-01-22