Full time administrative assistant needed for a locally owned, independent insurance agency in Newark, DE. This is a professional-level office position with unlimited opportunities for advancement.
Prior insurance experience is a plus, but optional. An administrative background in any of the following fields would be a great prerequisite for this position: legal, medical, real estate, or banking.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent customer service skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior writing skills (grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading).
- Communicate effectively and professionally.
- Work independently with a variety of individuals and teams.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Model professional appearance and demeanor in a business casual environment.
- Demonstrate discretion on highly confidential matters.
- Prepare and produce high-quality client proposals, correspondence, and other documents, including editing for grammar, punctuation, and clarity.
- Use web applications and database software to maintain client records and service accounts.
- Process, prepare, and submit business or government forms, such as submitting applications for coverage to insurance carriers.
- Provide backup assistance to other AAs as applicable.
- Maintain a flexible approach and attitude toward assisting others; lead by example; coach and mentor AAs.
- Self-directed prioritization of work and projects; demonstrate measurable progress through open communication to leaders and team members consistently and with highest quality.
- Become knowledgeable of practice/business-specific products, services, and terminology.
- Share work with others and delegate as appropriate.
- Laid back work environment. We are a small business and we treat employees like family.
- Merit based advancement. We recognize and reward employees for being dedicated to their work.
- Health insurance, 401k, life insurance, and PTO available for eligible candidates.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two consecutive years of previous office experience.